About the Company
We are a global premium lifestyle brand with a true American spirit. Since we began in 1985, the Tommy Hilfiger Group has become a US$4.6 billion apparel and retail company. We are committed to delivering high quality, beautifully designed products for men’s, women’s and children’s apparel, sportswear, Tommy Jeans, tailored, accessories and a range of licensed products such as fragrances and home furnishings. We distribute these to over 90 countries and 1,000 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Central and South America and Asia Pacific.In 2010, Tommy Hilfiger joined the PVH Corp. group, one of the world’s largest apparel companies. Together, as a global, action-oriented company characterized by commitment and achievement, we strive to attract people who will help take our brands and business to new levels.
TOMMY JEANS is inspired by American denim classics with a modern, casual edge. Adding a youthful energy and irreverent twist to the TOMMY HILFIGER brand’s heritage.
Position Description and responsibilities:
The Sr. Manager International Markets is responsible for working with the key stakeholders across EUROPE - APAC – LATAM – NAM to create the ideal seasonal range plan and a go-to-market strategy.
The Sr. Manager Global Markets will report into the Senior Director Market Merchandising and manage the Market Merchandisers for Europe & International Markets.
Expectations from the division
- Establish a close working relationship with the regional merchandising teams
- Translate the long term business objectives into a Marketplace Merchandising Strategy
- Dimensionalize the Markets thru segmentation and distribution
- Collaborate closely with other regional and local brand departments on overall execution of divisional strategy in the region (e.g., product, store design, marketing/PR, etc.)
- Aggregate one seasonal IM range plan based on local range plans and divisional strategy to see opportunities regarding combining orders, buying into local “specials,” etc.
- Participate in cross divisional projects related to the strategic impact and provide inputs for key presentations
- Oversee formalization and ongoing execution of processes to support IM, including special style process in conjunction with local country team and division’s design/development team
- Set up and maintain IM related data bases (sell in)
Expectations from the markets
- Amplify the “voice of Global Markets” within the division by gathering and providing feedback on products, assortments, consumer buying behavior, trends and sell through
- Work on ways to integrate International Market needs in the mainline collections
- Partner with local merchandising teams and sourcing organization to identify opportunities for local production or counter-sourcing
- Represent and support the IM markets, along with the markets themselves in all divisional meetings and milestones
- Ensure a clear and consistent information flow
- Minimal 6-8 years’ experience in Marketplace Sales or Merchandising, management, brand management or merchandise role within an International operating apparel brand or wholesaler.
- Excellent analytic and planning skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong influencing and networking skills
- Able to frequent travel
- Excellent communication, sales and negotiation skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Team player
- Fluent English both written and verbal; other languages are a plus
- Good understanding of the Tommy Jeans DNA
- Change agent.
- Strong influencer and communicator.
- Able to identify business opportunities and solutions.
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Conceptual & Strategic Thinking.
- Relationship Building.
- Decision Making.