About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010.
The TH Marketing & Communications department has 3 key objectives:
- Drive traffic and conversion @ full price
- Consistently bring the brand to life in the markets
- Be a pro-active business partner
Its scope includes setting strategies, and giving direction and servicing the business of its ‘clients’: Divisions, Countries, Departments, Licensing Partners and Senior Management. It is the point of liaison between client needs, the brand and the final consumer.
Our core competences cover a wide variety of capabilities: brand management, corporate communications, advertising, media management, promotion management, trade marketing, campaign creation, in-store marketing (POS), digital marketing, event management, sponsoring, PR management and celebrity endorsement.
Communications is responsible for Corporate, Internal and Fashion Communications; Experiential Event Marketing; and Influencer Marketing & Celebrity Partnerships.
In the position of Global Communications and Earned Media Manager the candidate will have a mix of global and local responsibilities. They will be responsible for managing a network of PR agencies and internal PR teams in EMEA, with the purpose of supporting communications programs at a local level and generating press and PR exposure for the brand.
They will be instrumental in developing, planning, and managing all brand press and PR initiatives with a global scope in mind. Taking business needs into account the goal is to secure consistent brand messaging in all relevant print, broadcast, online and social media beyond fashion publications.
In addition, the candidate will be developing the communication strategy for selected divisions, working closely with Product Marketing team, and aligning and overseeing within the Global Communications team.
The role is based in Amsterdam, and is part of the Global Communications and Earned Media Team, within the Marketing Department. The position will have a reporting line to the Director of Global Communications for Tommy Hilfiger.
- Develop the global communications strategy to support all brand initiatives
- Support global brand events, such as the TOMMYNOW experiential runway events, PAs and press junkets, by developing press programs, managing press and industry guest lists and overseeing interview and shoot requests
- Manage local communication teams in planning, budget allocation and implementation of communications strategy, in-line with business needs
- Oversee, monitor and evaluate, and report on all earned media for print, broadcast, online and social media
- Pro-actively search new communication platforms and media outlets to reach audiences in new and innovative ways
- Align with the Global Event team to develop dedicated communication strategy around local events, such as media days, store-openings and local launches
- Develop, oversee and evaluate brand strategies for Tommy Sport and Kids and all licensees, in collaboration with Product Marketing teams
- Ensure alignment of all programs with Communications, Social Media and VIP & Influencer teams
The Ideal Candidate:
- Collaborative; able to liaise closely across different levels and functions of the organization
- Up-to-date on new publications and platforms as well as experienced in partnerships
- Up-to-date on the trends within the media landscape
- Analytical mindset with an ability to extract insights from data, and report accordingly
- Flexible, no nine to five mentality
- Pro-active and hands-on
- Open-minded and resourceful
- Strong aesthetic eye and taste level; strict attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- University or similar degree in Marketing or Communications
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Fashion
- Strong experience within the field of Earned Media
- In-house experience or experience in managing agencies
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Trainings and courses for self-development
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A newly built campus with gyms, cafes, amazing lunches, and plenty of company events
We’d love to know why this is the role for you, so please include a motivational letter with your application!