The Close to Body division is responsible for Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger’s Underwear, Lounge, Swim and Sport/Performance categories. Within the division, the Production Planning department is responsible for the buy planning and execution of both seasonal & basic replenishment production, communication of the seasonal buys, production follow up and inbound planning of the garments. The department sits alongside the Demand Planning team, overseen by the Senior Director of Planning, and offers a wide scope of the supply chain & logistics sector.
Covering both Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger’s Swim and Sport divisions to act as a key player in facilitating and coordinating all relevant production planning functions as part of a wider team, reporting into the Production Planning manager.
- Driving the supply and demand process, working with sourcing hubs/direct suppliers and market demand to maintain sufficient inventory levels and mitigate risks to stock availability & fulfillment rates.
- Maintaining efficient workflow by collecting forecasted sales information from relevant internal sources & coordinating lead-time and MOQ information from external suppliers to accurately and sensibly plan buy calendars, projections and early commits.
- Working to achieve various KPIs including on-time delivery to customer, limited airfreight allowances and inventory and excess targets.
- Leading the seasonal buy reconciliation to drive strategic discussion and alignment with cross-functional departments. Following up on and communicating out decisions taken.
- Regular reporting to the wider teams and markets on sales order book, inventory position, fulfillment rate, risk to availability and other KPI’s.
- Compiling lead-time information from key stakeholders to execute seasonal buy planning.
- Responsible for buy negotiation and resulting PO creation & maintenance.
- Working closely with Demand Planners and Merchandising teams, reacting to the latest market demand by expediting or smoothing future production where necessary.
- Planning vendor capacity requirements for upcoming 24 months.
- Maintaining close relationships with vendors and key stakeholders, by facilitating continuous communication.
- Advanced excel skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant working experience in inventory planning / supply chain logistics, preferably in fashion / apparel
- Proven analytical skills
- Well organized with a pro-active and driven approach
- The ability to work autonomously while effectively collaborating with various cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Problem-solving mindset and approach
- A confident team player with an entrepreneurial spirit
- SAP or equivalent IBP systems experience