About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process.
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 17,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.7 billion in 2014.
PVH Corp., one of the world’s largest apparel companies, owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands. It is the world’s largest shirt and neckwear company and markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear division is one of the main business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger Europe. Based in the Amsterdam European head office the team is split into 4 sub teams: Design, Production and Sourcing & Development, Buying and Planning and Merchandising and Sales
These 4 teams work together in an informal setting on creating superbly styled and high end quality products for the European consumer base. Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear presents 4 collections per year (Spring and Fall, Summer/PreFall and Holiday/PreSpring).
As an Intern Outerwear/ Wovens WSW you’ll be working in the Women’s wear Division seasonal in the Outerwear team and will next to outerwear also learn about Casual Wovens. You will work closely with the Outerwear & Casual Woven Design Manager and the design and development team of these product groups. You will be part of an enthusiastic team and will learn to work from A to Z on an outerwear and casual wovens collection. Among other you will be working together with the team to do:
- Researching trends that works into the Tommy Hilfiger Women’s wear brand strategy
- Look into trends for woven product and outerwear specific product.
- Learn to working to the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines
- Help preparing design sheets and overviews for divisional presentations
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally.
- Learn about different fabrics and technical aspects of outerwear.
- Learn how we work on the brand image by making sure that the Tommy D.N.A. is seen in each garment.
- Join garment fittings
- Working on BOM’s
- Pre-paring overviews of the collection each season for merchandising Director and Team of Womenswear and VP Womenswear.
- Studying in an BA or MA fashion program – preferably wovens direction/interest.
- Love for woven product.
- Computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop)
- Fluent in English both written and verbal as English is the working language of the company
- Is able to work in a hectic environment and has a hands on mentality.
- Loves to learn!
We’re looking for someone who has a good understanding of the latest in outerwear and woven product. It is important that you are able to work independently as well as in a team and that you also enjoy working in a busy, changeable environment.