The MEA+NL Group is one of the most dynamic organizations within PVH. Next to our continued growing NL business, we are developing the PVH brands (Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein) in Greece, Middle East, Israel and Africa. Our business approach is multifaceted in order to optimize the positioning of PVH in our markets. We are driven by excellence and dedicated to give our best to drive the growth across our regions.
Position Description and responsibilities
Are you a rock star in continuously optimizing the flow of sales for our stores and do you have at least 3-4 year’s experience in merchandise planning. Please read below for more info on our Merchandise Planner role.
As the Merchandise Planner you will join the MEA+NL team at our European head office in Amsterdam. You will be responsible for pre-season planning and in-season management and work closely with the buying teams to prepare a coherent and commercially successful product assortment by collating and analyzing data on NL Own & Operated store portfolio’s performance.
You will be responsible for:
- Pre-season Planning: Creating and calculating a detailed range plan for assigned classification(s) for Buying Department that provides options as input for the assortment plan
- In season management/trading: Monitoring budget, items and stores, driving corrective actions, including re-distribution of extra stock or clearances, within the guidelines, to ensure optimal stock management and contribution to the realization of the standards with regards to margin and turnover
- Allocation: managing the allocation plan together with the allocator to effectively guide allocation andreplenishmentof goods to the stores, monitor and adjust replenishment parameters to create optimal stock level across all channels
- Analysis and management information: Analyzes financial trends (e.g. sales, markdown, profit margins, pricing and promotions), customer trends (e.g. segmentations, destination departments, demographics and market share), product trends (winners and losers) and competitor trends to create input for a detailed range plan
- KPI’s: Inline with business goals, manage and guide trade and future strategy through analysis and accurate forecasting, to deliver sales and GM% targets and effectively manage terminal stock targets.
- 3-4 years relevant experience in merchandise planning, company planning, merchandising or allocation.
- Experienced with merchandise management systems & processes
- Cross-cultural skills and flexible approach
- Communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Highly Commercial and analytical skills
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Structured and reliable work ethic
- Ability to prioritize a demanding, workload and time manage effectively
- Excellent command of English language - verbal and written
- PC literate with excellent knowledge of Excel including setting up spreadsheets, formulas, etc.