The Buying Operations team is responsible for managing the global purchase orders and Inbound for timely delivery. This team works in close collaboration internally with the Buying and Planning teams, Sourcing, Central Operations, and externally with the Forwarders, Vendors and buying offices.
The position reports to the Senior Manager Buying Operations. The candidate should have a strong analytical mindset an eye for process alignment and best practice sharing within own team and with external teams. The position requires good communication and problem solving skills and attention to accuracy.
As a Buying Operations Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Assist and oversee the team’s coordinator tasks which includes but is not limited to the set-up of global ticketing including escalations, order placement including handover meetings across departments and continuous SAP PO maintenance check during the season.
- Manage inbounding by monitoring WIP-chart up till ex-factory date, pro-actively analyze the delivery impact of delays/vendor issues/ price mismatches, consolidate escalations to manager, provide solutions to prevent declines in delivery performance and inform stakeholders via reports.
- Flag vendor issues when they occur and liaise across departments (B&P/Production/Central Inbound) to find, implement solutions and analyze/suggest changes to the current processes to prevent this in the future.
- Maintain reports including inbound master files on OTA, call outs on reasons for delays which include the delivery performance, ship mode usage and vendor behavior in communication or (reoccurring) delay reasons showing full ownership of the order books to provide insights across the departments within PVH.
- Ensure operational continuity by supportive role as Super User of PVH Systems (e.g. SAP, GT Nexus), ensuring divisional teams are supported when using the systems
- Education: HBO / University degree or equivalent in Business, supply chain, Logistics or equivalent.
- Minimum 4+ year of relevant working experience in a fast moving company
- End to end supply chain knowledge and general understanding of business and IT related processes.
- Experience in Fashion industry is an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), SAP AFS / FMS
- Analytical and result orientated mind-set
- High level of accuracy and problem solving skills
- Structured and pro-active working approach
- Used to working under pressure with deadlines (time management)
- Supportive, ambitious and hands-on mentality
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)