About the Company
PVH is one of the world's largest apparel companies with over $8 billion in revenues. PVH Europe operates the international Tommy Hilfiger brand and Calvin Klein Europe. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fuelled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. The brand delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region.
Calvin Klein is one of the best known designer names in the world, offering a modern, provocative design aesthetic. The Calvin Klein brands – Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein (platinum label), Calvin Klein (white label), Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Underwear – provide the company with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally at various price points, distribution channels and catering to a diverse group of consumers. Calvin Klein also designs and markets a range of other product lines including fragrance, eyewear, watches, jewelry, and home furnishings.
About the finance department
The PVH Europe finance department consists of nearly 80 professionals and involves the teams from Financial Reporting, Controlling, Internal Control and Treasury. In addition to this, we have local Markets finance teams, supporting our regional business operations. Our finance vision is to be recognized as one unified community across Europe and a true pro-active business partner with highly skilled and engaged finance professionals that continuously work on improving information, processes and systems. The controlling team supports the organization in reaching their targets and is actively involved in setting up budgets, long term targets, specific company projects and reforecasting with all involved parties. The financial reporting team focuses on actuals, meaning that they report on the current performance against these plans and support the global finance team for all SEC filings. Internal control ensures financial compliance with local Dutch law. Treasury focuses on liquidity management, foreign exchange and bank relations in Europe. Their aim is to ensure the company has sufficient liquidity to run operations and to protect the company against financial risks. The entire finance team is using a wide range of tools to support their analysis, forecasts and strategic activities.
About the program
Our two year graduate program offers a full immersion into the business of PVH Europe. The program includes a comprehensive induction & development program providing the successful candidate with a strong cross-functional profile built through rotating across multiple finance teams. The program kicks off with an onboarding process and further ensures on the job professional guidance, extensive training in- and outside finance, sessions with the wider PVH graduate community and dedicated mentoring throughout the entire program. Additionally the trainee will participate in innovation projects to support the finance development program called ‘Finance of the Future’ which helps bringing the finance department to the next level. One example is to investigate the use of Robot Process Automation (RPA) in the PVH financial accounting and close process. RPA is software that mimics human behavior in order to automate low value or repetitive tasks where humans add little or no value, freeing up human capital to be refocused on more complex and high-impact functions. Other examples are to research new visualization tools which can be used for reporting purposes including rolling-out the implementation of those, or the use of new techniques within PVH such as the blockchain technology and other disruptive technologies.
Our program includes four 6-month rotations in the following teams:
- Financial Reporting
- Reporting and consolidation
- Financial controlling
- Corporate accounting and compliance
- Business controlling
- Departmental controlling
- Divisional controlling
- Markets controlling
- Internal control & Treasury
- Internal audit
- Loss prevention
- Finance operations
- Treasury Operations and Insurance
- Markets Finance Team
- The Netherlands / MEA+ business unit
HR will facilitate the rotation but as we see the importance of designing your own career we will let graduates decide where they would like to gain experience before stepping into a permanent role.
The program includes day to day duties and individual projects as well as tailored training & coaching delivered by our learning and development team to help build your technical, professional and soft skills. Day to day duties involve activities such as:
- Preparing/reviewing and challenging monthly forecasts and yearly budgets;
- Analyzing P&L performance against forecast, budgets and targets;
- Monitoring and evaluating financial KPI’s;
- Controlling OPEX, CAPEX and selected Balance sheet accounts;
- Supporting in the daily cash management operations;
- Supporting month end closing activities;
- Monthly reporting of actuals and estimates to the US Headquarters;
- Research and documentation of technical accounting related topics;
- Assisting with further automation and alignment of the reporting and forecasting process;
- Supporting stakeholders with their regular and ad-hoc questions;
- Supporting management with preparation of both structured and ad-hoc reports;
- Developing dashboards/reporting to give more insight in key performance indicators to run our operations more efficient;
- Working on innovative projects to bring finance to the next level;
- Working on (strategic) projects to enhance & further develop the finance community.
We offer you a dynamic career plan within the organization, a steep learning curve, a fun place to work and ownership of your tasks from the start. Additionally, after successfully completing the two year program the candidate is offered an indefinite contract for a position within one of the finance teams. The program commences in September 2019.
What we look for
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Recent MSc graduates in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or similar - no longer than 2 years ago
- Maximum of 1 year (relevant) work experience/internships
- Impressive extracurricular activities
- Experience in or passionate about the industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English – speaking and writing
- Strong in MS office and PowerPoint
- Accounting knowledge
- Any SAP, BPC, BW financial system experience is an advantage
- Eligible to work in the EU (EU citizen or pre-secured visa sponsorship)
As well as meeting our key criteria above, successful candidates are expected to demonstrate the following attributes:
- International mindset, enjoy a fast paced environment
- Energetic & entrepreneurial drive
- Deadline driven
- Hands on
- Team player
- Structured and analytical
- Strong personality
- Ambition for career growth
- Hard working yet fun-loving
- Eye for detail, accurate working attitude
Applications are screened on a rolling basis so we encourage early applications to ensure you don't miss out. For any further questions on the opportunity, please don't hesitate to get in touch with a member of our HR team.