The Buying Operations team is responsible for managing the global purchase orders and Inbound for timely delivery. This team works in close collaboration internally with the Buying and Planning teams, Sourcing, Central Operations, and externally with the Forwarders, Vendors and buying offices.
The position reports to the Senior Manager Buying Operations. The candidate should have a strong analytical mindset an eye for process alignment and best practice sharing within own team and with external teams. The position requires good communication and problem solving skills and attention to accuracy.
- Responsible for Buying Operations activities for Tommy Hilfiger which is divided into but not limited to order placement, orderbook maintenance including inbounding, analysis of delay impacts on delivery performance, (internal/external) stakeholder relationship management and creating visibility to stakeholders via reports.
- Assist and oversee the order placement based on the Buy chart provided by Buying & Planning, confirm ex-factory dates and liaise with vendors regarding changes.
- Maintain close relationships with vendors, monitor the visibility of the orders with the ticketing suppliers and in GTN and assist with escalated operational tasks where needed regarding the set-up of the ticketing (creating UPC tickets, labels, stickers).
- Manage inbounding by monitoring WIP-chart up till ex-factory date, pro-actively analyze the delivery impact of delays/vendor issues/ price mismatches, consolidate escalations, provide solutions to prevent declines in delivery performance and inform stakeholders via reports.
- Flag vendor issues (e.g. regarding prices) when they occur and liaise across departments (B&P/Production/Central Inbound) to find, implement solutions and analyze/suggest changes to the current processes to prevent this in the future.
- Maintain reports including call outs on delays which include the delivery performance, ship mode usage and vendor behaviour in communication or (reoccurring) delay reasons showing full ownership of the order books to provide insights across the departments within PVH.
- Education: HBO / University degree or equivalent in Business, supply chain, Logistics or equivalent.
- Minimum 3+ year of relevant working experience in a fast moving company
- End to end supply chain knowledge and general understanding of business and IT related processes.
- Experience in Fashion industry is an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), SAP AFS / FMS
- Analytical and result orientated mind-set
- High level of accuracy and problem solving skills
- Structured and pro-active working approach
- Used to working under pressure with deadlines (time management)
- Supportive, ambitious and hands-on mentality
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)