What does your team do
The Product Development team is responsible for the product development from sketch (created by design) until final product for both genders of the Tommy Jeans division. The product is placed, produced and received based on the standards and goals established by the division. The key objective is to be responsible for the total development in collaboration with design and follow up of collection and production in ways of (physical) product that is production feasible and hitting margin targets.
- Responsible for size specifications in close collaboration with design and merchandising.
- Advises design regarding technical possibilities and limitations.
- Works closely with the buying offices, factories and laundries to control the status and changes to the styles, follows up on deadlines for proto samples, lab-dips, sales samples, size sets and PA samples.
- Responsible for tracking all proto and fit samples for each season of the Tommy Jeans collection as well as pro-active planning.
- Approves labdips, comments samples on details, measurements, fit and workmanship.
- Communicates all changes on styles to the buying offices.
- Coordinates and ensures that all the systems are updated and matching as per internal information (Excel, PLM, etc.).
- Takes a pro-active role in continuously improving the product in ways of quality and fit.
- Starts up price negotiations.
What we expect you to have
- Understanding of PLM: the main system to generate all the material/style/product and production information.
- Strong communication as you will be collaborating with: Buying offices, design and merchandising.
- Education: higher textile education (AMFI, De Maere, TMO, MTS Mode & Kleding or similar).
- Minimal 3 years working experience in development/sourcing/production for outerwear.
- Team player, used to working under pressure with deadlines.
- All round knowledge on all product groups with a strong focus on outerwear.
- Solid knowledge of garment specifications, fabrics, fitting and patterns.
- Fluent in English, excellent communication written and verbal
- Not a 9 to 5 mentality, especially at peak design time
What you can expect from us
- All the bells and whistles: reimbursed commuting expenses, 25 days annual leave, discount on your mandatory Dutch Health Insurance, and competitive pension plan.
- Work at our beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam.
- We foster a culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University.
- A relocation package (if applicable) and help with finding your feet before and during your move to the Netherlands.
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, embraces curiosity and seek employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture.