About the Company
PVH is one of the largest apparel companies in the world. With a history going back over 130 years, PVH excels at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages. PVH employs over 30,000 associates operating across 40 countries, speaking 20 languages and generating over $9 billion in revenues in 2017. PVH owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and, in addition, markets a variety of goods under licensed brands. PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein and certain license businesses. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fuelled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Purpose & Objectives
The Financial Shared Service Center (FSSC) based in Ternat, Belgium (near Brussels) is a designated group of finance professionals that are tasked with:
- General Ledger Accounting; Processing and maintaining financial accounting records and delivering financial statements;
- Accounts Payable; Processing and paying vendor invoices & staff expenses;
- Stock Accounting; Monitoring goods flows and processing stock count results;
- Sales & Cash; Performing sales & cash reconciliations for the company’s retail stores.
The Financial Shared Service Center has been established to consolidate the efforts in the area of financial accounting & bookkeeping in order to create synergies and deliver the highest quality service.
The FSSC apart from the Management has functional teams in the area of (i) General Ledger Accounting (incl. PP&E, Sales & Cash Recon); (ii) Accounts Payable; (iii) Stock Accounting.
As Financial Controller you will be directly supporting the Vice President Shared Service Center and working with all the functional teams to further standardize FSSC operations. You will be the first point of contact for all projects that are initiated to run the FSSC faster and simpler ranging from system improvements, process standardization, and resource allocation.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Improve speed and consistency of all accounting operations including A/P, G/L Accounting, Intercompany, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Sales & Cash reconciliation and PP&E;
- Develop standard quality levels for financial transactions, financial reporting and other services delivered to the Countries, Divisions, and Departments;
- Coordinate regulatory reporting (statutory audits; tax filings etc);
- Support month-end and year-end closing activities by clearing impediments and business dependencies;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Work with the SAP and Finance Operations team based in Amsterdam to optimize the recording of financial records in the SAP FMS system;
- Develop together with the BI team in Amsterdam financial reports aimed at creating transparency on balance sheet & profit & loss accounts and process timelines;
- Additional controller duties as necessary.
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller (Fast Moving Consumer Goods industry preferred);
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience;
- Advanced degree in Accounting (CPA or CMA preferred);
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles (USGAAP) and procedures (SOX);
- Experience with creating financial statements (Group vs Statutory Reporting);
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process;
- Excellent accounting software user (SAP FICO preferred) and administration skills;
- Good communication skills, ability to communicate in English. Dutch would be a plus.