About the Company
The Department and Team
The TH Marketing & Communications department has 3 key objectives:
- Drive traffic and conversion @ full price
- Consistently bring the brand to life in the markets
- Be a pro-active business partner
Its scope includes setting strategies, giving direction and servicing the business of its ‘clients’: Divisions, Countries, Departments, Licensing Partners and Senior Management. It is the point of liaison between client needs, the brand and the final consumer.
Communications is responsible for Corporate, Internal and Fashion Communications; Experiential Event Marketing; and Influencer Marketing & Celebrity Partnerships.
The Global Copywriter is the brand guardian for written communications, including press materials, executive and corporate communications, and internal communications. The main responsibility is to understand the overall objectives of a copy brief, and create and adapt messaging in the appropriate tone of voice for use across various platforms.
The role has a global scope for Tommy Hilfiger and for PVH Europe.
- Create inspiring storytelling that drives 3 core areas:
- Positively build brand and business key reputational pillars for Tommy Hilfiger Global and PVH Europe
- Inspire consumers with the youthful, optimistic and innovative spirit at the heart of the TOMMY HILFIGER brand DNA
- Engage associates with a globally consistent and powerful tone of voice.
- Drive day-to-day copy development with our business partners including: PR, VIP, Events & Global Experiences, Internal Communications, Corporate Communications, Product Marketing, HR teams and more.
- Develop and execute copy plans for key global programs; TOMMYNOW fashion show, collection materials etc.
- Oversee copy creation for all brand, business, and licensee (product & regional) needs, with the relevant tone of voice – brand vs. executive(s)
- Keep corporate copy materials updated
- Lead copy approvals in a complex matrix org structure
- Oversee the functional learning and career development for the Junior Copywriter (1 direct report)
- Coordinate and collaborate with copy writing teams in other departments and regions, including
- Manage budget for freelance Copywriters, in-house Agency work and subscription
Copy projects within scope (*not intended to be all-inclusive):
- Press Materials: Press releases, media alerts, press kits
- Collection Materials: Collection Sheets and statements
- Executive Materials: Q&As, quotes, talking points
- Corporate Materials: Website, executive and company bios
- Internal Communications:Memos, announcements, emailers
- Native English language with an in-depth understanding of the differences between American and British English.
- Ability to grasp copy brief requirements quickly.Strengths in analyzing, synthesizing and summarizing high volumes of information.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills – Faultless spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- A creative flair, fused with a love of wordsmithing and a sharp eye for detail.
- Pride in leading the Copy team to produce nothing less than assets of the highest standard, and develop the team into an invaluable business partner.
- An investigative mind to conduct high-quality research and interviews.
- Ability to easily switch between tone of voices, from more serious corporate talking points, to fresh and pun-inspired event memos.
- Proven project management experience; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to network and develop working relationships across the organization to successfully complete key tasks and projects.Flexible. No nine to five mentality.Strong communication skillsPro-active team playerAlways responsive and service minded.
- 4-6 years of relevant working experience, preferably for a fashion or lifestyle.
- University or similar degree in Communications or Journalism.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote, Word.
- Multi-lingual capabilities and written fluency in a second European language is a benefit.
- Plenty of opportunities to make the role your own.
- Trainings and courses for self-development.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- A newly built campus with gyms, cafes, amazing lunches, and plenty of company events.
- Employee discounts.