A Junior designer within the Menswear Team will work closely with a designer on a specific product category.
The Junior designer key responsibility lies in creating a close relationship between design and development and assisting the designer and developing an understanding of Tommy design direction with a commercial review.
OVERVIEW OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for designing and executing of seasonal collections under the guidance of the senior designer for the specific product area.
- Researching Trend’s that work into the TH MSW Brand Strategy, translating these into the collection on the direction of the designer/design manager
- Continually Research of trends and market understanding.
- Working to the Divisional Calendar and being organised to meet deadlines set by the Division to execute the collection.
- Preparing all design sheets for divisional presentations and sales presentation (Sketch Review, Adoption Meeting, Proto review, Line Opening).
- Responsible for preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally.
- Work closely and communicate daily on issues that arise from the development of designs selected and adopted on a seasonal basis. Partner with the product developer to ensure a smooth work flow each season.
- Close cooperation with Tech Department for the executing of garment fittings, will work closely with the designer for direction and how to execute each style per season. To make sure all styles are to the highest standard, help find solutions to any problems that may come up in the fitting process.
- Pre-pare overviews of the collection each season for merchandising Team of MSW and Development team.
- Supports and partners with product development to execute each style, making sure that the Tommy D.N.A. is seen in each garment.
- Following up on all changes that relate to the product area/ styles on a daily basis.
- Assist designer and developer each season on the fitting process and gaining knowledge of construction and execution of styles.
- Working closely with all designers within the design team, communicating ideas and improvements on workflow and Team Building.
- Build on development skills towards team building within the product area to which the junior designer is working on.
- Develop an understanding of design process and design skills to a commercial level.
Reporting directly to Senior Designer of the woven product category.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent computer Skills, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Basic understanding of garment construction and knowledge of fabrics.
- Good taste level and willingness to learn and understand Tommy design direction.
- Fashion Degree from a School of Design.
- Ability to work in a busy, changeable environment.
- Good understanding of the English Language.