The Risk and Finance Operations department is the function for PVH Europe and its brands Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein. In this capacity, the department supports PVH Europe management in running strategic projects throughout the business: along the value chain in the various distribution channels and markets.
The Risk and Finance Operations department supports functional departments, the central and country commercial retail and wholesale organization.
Reporting to the VP Finance Operations and Risk, the Project Manager/Co-Ordinator is responsible for assisting the VP & Senior Finance Manager with many on-going projects and tasks within the department. It is essential you have some financial exposure (knowledge of Profit & Loss, balance sheets etc) so you are able to assist with projects accordingly and accurately.
Your key responsibility is to facilitate all projects alongside the VP and be extremely organized (arrange meetings, presentation documents/materials, speak to multiple managers and stakeholders to tackle issues). In order to fulfil this, you must define the problem, tackle said problem and present a solution to the VP, in corporation with the Senior Finance Manager. You will also perform some PA organizing tasks to ensure all projects and day to day key activities run smoothly.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the planning, execution and controlling of projects with a Finance focus
- Contribute to a problem-solving process: frame problems, guide analytical modeling, and create solutions analysis
- Drive Finance projects independently
- Defining project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Developing full scale project plans including timelines & deliverables.
- Assembling and coordinate project resources also cross domain.
- Tracking project deliverables.
- Providing direction and support to project team.
- Constantly reporting on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in project areas
- Drive the preparation of business presentations and Steering Committees.
- University degree with 5-7 years of experience in project management, change management and project planning, ideally from a consulting firm or corporate environment (ie. retail, international)
- Proven work experience within finance and moved onto a Project Management role (ie Finance related education and then moved onto Analyst/Project Manager sector)
- Excellent Documentation skills: MS Excel and PowerPoint skills (MUST), SAP BW
- Strong project management, problem structuring, and strategic problem-solving skills – demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Up to date with best practices related to finance processes and technologies/systems.
- Familiarity with agile environment and experience in stakeholder management
- Ability to deal with new and wide variety of topics
- Hands-on, result oriented and structured
- Highly motivated and able to perform in a pressured work environment
- Strong team player with excellent social skills
- High standard of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent English language skills and ability to work in multi-cultural & multi-lingual environment
- Business understanding (similar environment is a plus)