The Product Developer is responsible for the product development from sketch (created by Design / Merchandise) until final product coming out of production. The product is developed, produced and received based on the standards and goals established in cooperation with the Design / Merchandising department. The key objective is to be responsible for the follow up of the total Denim development in collaboration with Merchandise, Design and Technical team.
- Responsible for development and production of the Denim Collection, with keeping the quality and sustainability of the product high.
- Works closely with the designer to select the right Denim fabric and develop into a high quality denim with a sustainable approach, from fabric level up to washing/ finishing level.
- Works with the Buying offices and direct vendors to control the status and changes to the styles, follows up on deadlines for proto samples, wash trials, sales samples, size sets and production approval samples.
- Responsible for tracking all proto, sales samples and fit samples for each season of the collection as well as pro-active planning.
- Prepares proto and collection meetings and makes collection overviews with design.
- Coordinates and ensures that all the systems are updated and matching as per internal information (PLM, SAP, GT Nexus etc.).
- Responsible for the maintenance of the garment worksheets and size specifications in close collaboration with Design and the Technical team.
- Travels to production facilities in Turkey, Tunisia and FE, to check status and quality of samples and production.
- Takes a pro-active role in continuously improving the product in ways of quality and fit. Searches new innovative way’s for washing and finishing, enhancing the Denim product and sustainability on fabric and washing level.
- Responsible for the option count of the Denim Collection, together with Merchandise.
- Responsible for reaching the requested margin on the product.
- Negotiates the best possible FOB per style.
- Reports into the Manager Denims.
Tools in order to full-fill the above:
- PLM, SAP, GT Nexus and Line List Database: the main systems generate all material/style/product and production information.
- Communication with: Buying offices, Vendors, Denim mills, Laundries, Technical team, Sales, Design and Merchandising.
- Education: higher textile education (Mr. Koetsier, De Maere, TMO)
- Minimum 2-3 years working experience in development/sourcing/production/washing of Denim field.
- Used to working under pressure with deadlines.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Solid expertise of Denim fabrics and physical production.
- Solid knowledge of garment specifications, fitting and pattern making.
- Willingness to travel (Turkey, Tunisia and FE)
- Hands on mentality.
- Fluent in English.
- Living in the surroundings of Amsterdam.