About the Company
PVH is one of the largest apparel companies in the world. With a history going back over 130 years, PVH excels at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages.
PVH is over 30,000 associates operating across 40 countries and speaking 20 languages with over $8 billion in 2014 revenues. PVH owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and, in addition, markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger is Internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. The brand delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region.
Calvin Klein is one of the best known designer names in the world, offering a modern, provocative design aesthetic. The Calvin Klein brands – Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein (platinum label), Calvin Klein (white label), Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Underwear – provide the company with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally at various price points, distribution channels and catering to a diverse group of consumers. Calvin Klein also designs and markets a range of other product lines including fragrance, eyewear, watches, jewelry, and home furnishings. The Calvin Klein brands achieved approximately $8.1 billion in global retail sales in 2014.
Merchandising operations team is responsible for the style setup across systems (style-master data) and sample inbound for Menswear, Womenswear, Tailored, Jeans, Kids, Collection, Footwear & Accessories.
This team collaborates closely with the divisional merchandising teams, product development, sample warehouse, Buying offices, vendors and process development teams.
reports directly to the Manager Merchandise Operations and is responsible for complete “additional” sample process, implementation, communication and maintenance of all relevant data.
In this particular role, you will be responsible for identifying, rolling out and owning the new “additional” samples process. As a sample specialist, you are responsible for PO placement, system maintenance, shipment follow up and inbound flow of “additional” samples. You have to be on top of changes, capable to deal with ad hoc situations and drive best practice on this new created role.
In this role, you will work with multiple departments to ensure timely ordering & delivery of “additional” samples, including Merchandising, Sales & Marketing, Buying & Planning, Vendors & Buying Offices, Central Process Team and Sample Warehouse Team.
Overview of Essential Responsibilities
- Take full ownership in identifying a new process to set up for “additional” samples around Order Placement, PO placement, vendor communication, PO tracking, shipment, inbound and allocation. Ensure smooth implementation with all internal / external stakeholders
- Pro-actively highlight current and future issues while always reassessing and readjusting operational procedures for continuous improvement.
- Build and maintain strong relations with stakeholders by being their business partner, consultant and advisor by using clear communication and seeking feedback.
- Place orders in alignment with pre-determined allocation in collaboration with external stakeholders
- Data management across the systems (SAP, GTNexus, Checkpoint) regarding the “additional” samples purchase orders (placement, maintenance, inbounding).
- Collaborate and interact with vendors in a positive and cooperative way.
- Assist vendors with operational tasks where needed, monitoring performed tasks to ensure they are performed correctly (e.g. creating UPC tickets, labels, bookings etc.).
- Manage inbounding by monitoring ex-factory date, pro-actively analyze the delivery impact of delays/vendor issues, consolidate escalations to manager, provide solutions to prevent declines in delivery performance and inform stakeholders
- Monitor sample warehouse processing to ensure continuous and on-time inbound and outbound of the goods to customers and stakeholders
- Generate reporting summarizing highlights on “additional” sample status, encountered issues, changes, performance and distribute to relevant stakeholder across divisions.
- Follow up on ad hoc changes and additions.
Overview of Position Requirements
* Education: HBO / University degree or equivalent in Business, supply chain, Logistics or equivalent.
* Minimum 2-4 year of relevant working experience in a fast moving company
* End to end supply chain knowledge and general understanding of business and IT related processes.
* Experience in Fashion industry is an advantage
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), SAP AFS / FMS and Centric PLM are an advantage
- Structured and pro-active working approach
- Analytical, result and data oriented mind-set
- High level of accuracy, problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Passion for process improvement and driving change
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines (time management)
- Ability to work in a dynamic and ever changing work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with different types of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and written
- Team player with a hands on mentality and can work independently
- Flexible – no 9 to 5 mentality - in peak periods overtime can be asked
- Great interpersonal skills
- Cultural awareness
- Ambitious and keen on learning and developing yourself