A CAD designer within the Women’s Wear design division.
The CAD designer’s key responsibilities are in assisting the Design team with all manner of digital and technical sketches for the collection. Strong illustrator/photoshop skills and garment construction knowledge is a must.
• Re-producing designer’s product sketches into illustrative technical CAD's using Adobe Illustrator./Photoshop
• Creating and maintaining a strong digital standard across the women’s wear division
• Established graphic standards and illustration aesthetic across apparel divisions.
• Working to the Divisional Calendar and being organised to meet deadlines set by the Division to execute the collection digitally
• Responsible for generating and updating technical and presentation renderings of garments, applying print/textures/colourways and updating presentation boards and decks.
• Work closely and communicate daily with the design team.
• Following up on all changes that relate to the product area/ styles on a daily basis.
• Working closely with all designers within the design team, communicating ideas and improvements on work flow and Team Building.
• Willing to learn 3D design
Reporting directly to Design with a dotted line to Merchandise division
Excellent computer Skills, Illustrator and Photoshop.
Clear understanding of garment construction and knowledge of fabrics.
- PLM experience a plus
- Experience in the women’s wear fashion industry with understanding of a feminine handwriting.
- Graphic design experience a plus.
Fashion Degree from a School of Design.
Ability to work in a busy, changeable environment.
Good understanding of the English Language.
Confident social character required, needs a pro-active approach to working within a large team.
Ability to prioritise and communicate within a large team
Ideally already has experience at a well established commercial fashion brand