About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
About the Department
Fitting within the wider Marketing and Communications group, PVH Studios is a talented team collaborating to capture, produce and distribute imagery for E-Commerce Product Detail Pages (PDP) and commercial visual assets. This imagery we produce enables our wholesale customers to make informed purchasing decisions through our innovative Digital Showrooms and sales tools. It also enhances the consumer shopping experience by presenting our product and bringing shopping experiences to life in digital and “bricks and mortar” retail environments such as online and interactive digital screens.
As creative guardians, PVH Studios works together with the wider business to realize the overall brand vision. We’re responsible for elevating our product and reflecting core brand values across every touch-point whilst adopting and maintaining an omni-channel approach to everything we do.
About the Role
You’ll be creating commercial imagery for PVH brands. Working together with in-house creative and production teams, freelancers and external vendors, to efficiently deliver thousands of still-life and on-model product photographs every season – all photographed in studios.
The role is end-to-end, starting with concepting photography and lighting directions, choosing brand appropriate models, styling looks, art directing shoots to overseeing image selection, ensuring quality of final output and motivating the Studio teams to deliver great results.
You will build strong relationships within the team, stakeholders across the business, external vendors and production partners. You’ll enjoy the challenge of coming up with solutions – regardless of restrictions and limitations. Managing the right balance between creative and operational imperatives to meet our business needs.
You’re adept at creating contingency plans and reacting quickly to changing priorities. The role is all about figuring out how to make the impossible, possible.
- Concept shoots consistent with brand image. Present ideas to peers and senior management to positively influence decisions
- Style out collections in-line with brand identity and brief, ensuring all falls under the brand umbrella
- Work with merchandising and marketing leaders to further develop and update Styling Guidelines
- Work together with UX/UI teams to evolve photography formats
- Research competitors, industry trends, regular reviews of E-Commerce websites, to make sure we stay ahead of the game and provide real inspiration and excitement to our customers
- Push beyond the boundaries of traditional E-Commerce. Move away from only shooting quantity towards more creative photography
- Work with production teams for short and long-term planning
- Collaborate with Producers and/or Marketing Teams on creative production that may include casting models, sourcing and hiring photographers and stylists, hair and make-up artists, scouting studio locations and more
- Establish and nurture existing relationships with photographers and creative partners.
- Ensure shoot teams are appropriately resourced to deliver. Being a point of contact for freelancers with regards to studio set-up and creative direction
- Attend and participate in pre-production and project related meetings
- Clearly communicate the creative direction to styling, photography and production teams including photo briefs and mood boards
- Oversee styling direction to ensure products are presented on-brand but also aligned with current trends
- Confirm approvals prior to shooting
SHOOT ART DIRECTION
- Ensure products are lit correctly, in accordance with the guidelines and color is accurate
- Direct models on set including posing and facial expressions to capture the unique emotion and spirit of each brand
- Ensure overall brand mood and styling direction for still-life imagery
- Capture details that help our customers to better evaluate products
- [Eg. fit, fabric texture, length, signature twist, branding details]
- Maintain the overall look, style and feel of each brand and ensure synergy across all product categories and Divisions
- Drive decisive on-set trouble shooting to solve photography challenges
- Work with the Operations team to ensure the creative process is productive and efficient to meet timelines
- Ensure imagery is consistent with shoot and brand guidelines, every product is shown to its best advantage and shot to the highest technical standards
- Avoid re-shooting
- End to end responsible for your work including image selection, mark-up retouching, image cropping, order images for E-Commerce, oversee video edit, color matching
- Represent each product as accurately as possible to ensure what our customers receive is the same as what they’ve seen digitally
- Review and approve final assets
- Evaluate creative work beyond delivery. Develop future photographic directions based on valuable insights to ensure content is used effectively
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement to deliver best-in-class content and assets to the global organization
- Collaborate and share best practices with peers. Seek to continually push the boundaries of quality, creativity and innovation ie discourage complacency and ‘factory’ mentality within the shoot teams
FINANCE AND REPORTING
- Respect photo shoot costs and annual budgets
- Complete daily/weekly timesheets in a timely manner
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Someone with a passion, tenacity, curiosity and optimism to bring about change to the way we work
- A collaborator and inspirer who, by daily example, seeks to achieve the impossible.
- Enjoys the challenge of coming up with creative solutions – regardless of restrictions and technical limitations
- A contagious passion for our brands and our business; you’ll be seeking to improve work on both an aesthetic and functional level
- A strong and natural communicator who eloquently presents ideas that navigate through key stakeholders, contributing to discussions and positively influencing decisions
- Confidence, motivation, credibility, collaboration, the ability to adapt to change and a willingness to bring the very best to the team
- Ability to set priorities, work under tight deadlines and effectively manage stress
- A passion for product, and a mindset for always exceeding expectations
- Must be a self-starter, easily adaptable and flexible
- Tons of energy and a great team spirit are a must!
- University Degree in Photography, Design, Art Direction or related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience creating product photography in a high volume, high quality, fast-paced commercial studio with a production line environment
- Styling background in E-Commerce
- Proven success in ecommerce fashion photography is required
- Experience concepting and executing both photography and video shoots
- A strong fashion aesthetic and keen eye for judging photography, color, and lighting
- Exceptional people management skills, with the ability to provide clear direction and communicate effectively with internal and external teams
- As this is a hands-on role, it’s expected you’ll have expert competency with Adobe Creative programs and image management software. You’ll also be adept at Keynote for presentations
- Business-level English (both oral and written); Dutch skills a plus
- Plenty of opportunities to make the role your own
- Trainings and courses for self-development
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A newly built Photo Studio environment and Business Campus with gyms, cafes, lunches, and plenty of company events
We’d love to know why this is THE role for you, so please include a motivational letter/video (downloadable link preferred) with your application!