About the Company
We are a company transformed, focusing on global growth and brand building. Since our beginning in 1881, we have become a world leading lifestyle apparel company with over US$8 billion in estimated 2013 revenues. Through a combination of strategic acquisitions and successful partnerships with our brands, we have been able to globally expand across the wholesale, retail, e-commerce and licensing channels throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
With the acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger in 2010 and of the full Calvin Klein brand in 2013, we have redefined the identity, performance and long-term growth potential of our organization. We work with these powerful global iconic lifestyle brands together as a family to maximize their potential by leveraging them across new categories and existing and future markets. Together, as a global, action-oriented company characterized by commitment and achievement, we strive to attract people who will help take our brands and business to new levels. The Concession Manager’s primary function is to ensure the efficient running of their concession business, in order to achieve the highest levels of customer service, sales and profit. To manage all personnel, product and merchandising functions, business processes and results for their concession. The CM directs and motivates their team to provide unparalleled, spirited service to all customers, generates sales and profit, minimize losses and ensures the concession is visually distinctive and impeccably maintained.
Delivering Business Results
- Articulate corporate mission and business goals within the store. Support corporate expectations and systems. Follow up to ensure proper execution of company initiatives and provide feedback to Area Manager, as needed.
- Partner with AM to build on business opportunities and achieve Company standards/goals: sales and wage budgets, units per transaction (UPT), conversion (hit) rate, wage and expense control, shrinkage, mystery shops, store audits and profitability.
- Execute and model Company Policies & Procedures and established Best Practices in Human Resources, Customer Service, Store Operations, Product Management, Loss Prevention, and Point of Sale.
- Respond to and communicate with the AM on all competitors, community information that could impact Company business.
Managing Customer Service
- Focus staff on the importance of the quality of relationships with internal and external customers. Ensure accountability of staff in building a repeat customer base by providing all customers with unparalleled spirited service.
- Effectively manage customer complaints in a timely and effective way.
- Clearly communicate to staff: store and individual sales goals and other key performance expectations; sales results and provide guidance on what is needed to improve performance.
- Consistently foster a positive store experience by treating all customers, and staff members in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ensure “door to floor” Best Practices and visual merchandising directives and standards for sales floor and back room are being executed; continually review standards to ensure clear and consistent execution.
- Complete daily/weekly store walk-throughs; evaluate product performance, pricing, sell through, and inventory levels. Communicate to the AM what is driving sales results and discuss any issues/priorities, in order to develop strategies to maximize business. Ensure there are weekly visual presentation action plans.
- Maintain corporate visual merchandising directives and standards for sales floor and back room; continually review standards to ensure clear and consistent execution. Ensure Hilfiger/Calvin Klein VM best practices are achieved and there is clear understanding and communication between the VM and store teams.
Managing Store Operations
- Ensure daily management of sales, payroll, controllable expenses, goals and company initiatives. Align activities to ensure business goals are met.
- Analyze store level reports and create action plans to improve results.
- Communicate with staff daily at morning Meeting - individual sales goals, and other key performance indicators, store results, product sales and other information to help them provide unparalleled service and achieve goals. Hold One Minute Meetings at the end of employees’ shifts; summarize their performance results, provide constructive feedback and recognition.
- Perform Manager-on-duty functions; manage store opening/closing functions and the sales floor.
Managing Human Resources
- Assist the manpower planning, identification, recruitment, interviewing, hiring and orientation processes; Recruit store personnel with a broad range of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
- Work with the AM to build bench strength for key positions, including possible successors.
- Ensure that all Employees are properly oriented into the Company and trained in their role. Provide training and coaching for Employees (daily, weekly and monthly) and ensure that it is appropriately documented.