About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and celebrates the essence of classic American cool and contemporary preppy vibes with a twist. Founded in 1985, we have achieved strong global brand recognition with platforms in art, music and entertainment. We remain committed to delivering premium styling, quality, value and service to our customers.
Tommy Hilfiger occupies a unique position as a premium brand offering apparel, accessories and lifestyle products at accessible price points through the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands. We are passionate in designing products for men, women and children in over 90 countries and 1,480 retail stores across the globe.
In 2010 Tommy Hilfiger joined the one of the world’s largest apparel companies, PVH Corp. As a fast growing company driven by achievement and commitment, we strive to attract people passionate about our brand who will take pride in taking our business to new levels.
Calvin Klein is a global powerhouse offering a modern design aesthetic. At the core of our DNA we look to engage consumers through provocative and iconic lifestyle imagery. Alongside our notable women’s and men’s designer apparel for the catwalk, we have an extensive range of product lines including fragrances, eyewear, jewellery, watches, handbags and small leather goods.
The Calvin Klein brands - Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein Black Label, Calvin Klein Accessories, Calvin Klein Dress Furnishings, Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Under- wear provide us with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally through various distribution channels and to a diverse consumer group.
In 2013 PVH Corp, one of the world’s largest apparel companies acquired the complete House of Calvin Klein gaining full creative control over all license brands. As a fast growing company driven by achievement and commitment, we strive to attract people passionate about our brand who will take pride in taking our business to new levels.
The Communications team manages all the UK and Ireland communications campaigns that are rolled out globally. The team is responsible for the development and execution of events, runway shows, press days and communication to the British Media and the Irish media via the management of a PR agency.
Position Description and responsibilities:
As Communications and Digital Manager you will manage a results-oriented communications team which is able to help achieve the company’s goals in a cost-effective manner whilst leveraging Global, European and local campaigns into communications activation plans that support the business in our Retail and Wholesale channels. You will build your plans on key KPIs and business objectives, being commercially aware whilst driving brand messaging through all channels. You will identify creative opportunities with new campaigns, partnerships and communications with a specific focus on the digital media landscape. You will be reporting into the Senior Communications Manager.
- Plan and execute digital strategy to drive sales and brand awareness.
- Drive strategic and commercial thinking to reach identified goals for on and off line press generation
- Manage UK events and budgets accordingly, in partnership with the Senior Communications Manager.
- Manage the team (3 FTE) and support the Senior Communications Manager to execute communications strategies against annual and seasonal plans.
- Manage an external PR agency in Ireland.
- Ensure the timely, high quality and efficient execution and completion of projects in collaboration with head office including events, Press days, campaigns, product launches, fashion week shows and VIP/influencer dressing.
- Manage relationships and collaborate with internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to brainstorm sessions, briefings, de-briefings and creative reviews to drive commercial and brand thinking in work being created.
- Use analysis and performance data (DMR) to continuously improve on and off line editorial generation.
- Act as representative for Senior Communications Manager where necessary.
- Exhibit an ROI approach to
- Build a culture that embraces transformative initiatives.
- Securing product placement and press coverage across all media platforms
- Overseeing the preparation of monthly coverage and reports
- Assisting the Director with internal and external projects and events.
- Create a climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating a diverse group of top-quality employees at all levels.
- Gaining trust and confidence of company’s stakeholders and demonstrates leadership values and integrity.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure effective delivery of events and projects to support wholesale and retail needs.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in fashion communications
- Must have a wide range of quality media, influencer and blogger contacts.
- University or similar degree in communications
- Excellent Project management and organization skills
- Deadline and quality focused
- Budget conscious
- People management skills and experience
- Collaborative; able to liaise closely across different levels of the organization
- No nine to five mentality
- Pro-active and hands-on
- Open minded and resourceful
- Strong aesthetic eye and taste level; strict attention to detail
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken form
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Responsive and service minded
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote