About the Company
We are a company transformed, focusing on global growth and brand building. Since our beginning in 1881, we have become a world leading lifestyle apparel company with over US$8 billion in estimated 2013 revenues. Through a combination of strategic acquisitions and successful partnerships with our brands, we have been able to globally expand across the wholesale, retail, e-commerce and licensing channels throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
With the acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger in 2010 and of the full Calvin Klein brand in 2013, we have redefined the identity, performance and long-term growth potential of our organization. We work with these powerful global iconic lifestyle brands together as a family to maximize their potential by leveraging them across new categories and existing and future markets.
Together, as a global, action-oriented company characterized by commitment and achievement, we strive to attract people who will help take our brands and business to new levels.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and celebrates the essence of classic American cool and contemporary preppy vibes with a twist. Founded in 1985, we have achieved strong global brand recognition with platforms in art, music and entertainment. We remain committed to delivering premium styling, quality, value and service to our customers.
Calvin Klein is a global powerhouse offering a modern design aesthetic. At the core of our DNA we look to engage consumers through provocative and iconic lifestyle imagery. Alongside our notable women’s and men’s designer apparel for the catwalk, we have an extensive range of product lines including fragrances, eye-wear, jewellery, watches, handbags and small leather goods.
- The Buyers Admin Assistant is part of the UK/IE Buying team and is responsible for supporting the Assistant Buyer on a day to day basis.
- Providing administrative support to the Buying team and to ensure that all aspects of the buying process are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Creating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to maximise the effectiveness of the role.
- Supporting the AB/Buyer in preparing weekly and seasonal analysis.
- With the guidance of the Buyer/AB compile and provide information to ad-hoc requests from other areas of the business.
- Check, compile and manage accuracy of internal departmental documentation.
- Highlighting any possible risks and reasons for delays.
- Ensure timely entering of all seasonal orders, to meet requested deadlines. In addition, checking and providing overviews/ summaries of all orders placed.
- Work with AB/Buyer to ensure timely delivery of stock into the stores/concessions and meeting agreed “shopfloor” dates.
- Update systems to maintain accurate history for analysis.
- Build relationships with market and channel operations regarding deliver updates and order book management.
- Prepare seasonal analysis and overview’s to review with AB/ Buyer ahead of buying season.
- Order Book management (ahead of season) – after completion of seasonal orders, creating relevant order delivery blocks, creating contracts and general “tidy up” ahead of the season. Working with AB to make sure this happens within the correct time frame.
- Price Files – sending over relevant price files to concession partners, ahead of season.
- File and Read all weekly Trade Reports and feedback.
- Produce and distribute weekly best seller reports in collaboration with other Buyer’s admin assistants.
- Produce weekly % shipped report in collaboration with BAA team. Seek solutions for late deliveries and share this information with wider team.
- Action transfers/consolidations and follow up to make sure processed.
- Order Book management (in/end season) – releasing deliveries, special requests, end of season “clean-up”.
- Seasonal trend research and comp shop analysis. Conduct regular market visits, to understand trends, promotional activity and other initiatives by our competitors. To be delivered back to the wider team.
- Support team in compiling and running central documentation.
- Buy Bibles – completing seasonal buy books, ahead of the stock shipping to stores/concessions. Ensuring they hold accurate style, colour and RRP information (UK/IE).
- Creating monthly ‘Launch Magazine’ as tool for product knowledge and features and benefits for stores to follow under the guidance of Buyer.
- Staff Uniform – processing all concession staff uniform orders (twice a year).
- Strong ability on Excel, and Power point.
- Strong numerical, analytical and interpretive skills.
- Able to fully utilise the relevant IT support systems – Oracle, SAP as relevant.
- Knowledge of market and trends – understanding of TH/CK customers.
- Strong verbal communication and organisational skills, ability to work in a team.
- Communicating clearly, appropriately and effectively with colleagues (on all levels).
- Commercially driven.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Positive attitude.