About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and celebrates the essence of classic American cool and contemporary preppy vibes with a twist. Founded in 1985, we have achieved strong global brand recognition with platforms in art, music and entertainment. We remain committed to delivering premium styling, quality, value and service to our customers. Tommy Hilfiger occupies a unique position as a premium brand offering apparel, accessories and lifestyle products at accessible price points through the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands. We are passionate in designing products for men, women and children in over 90 countries and 1,480 retail stores across the globe.We are a business that is constantly evolving just like our product ranges. Within our stores and Head Office we strive to provide amazing opportunities, to develop our people with motivating new challenges and encouraging experiences. That’s why we are always looking for talented and ambitious people to join our fantastic existing team who will help the brand and business to continue to develop and flourish.
When it comes to shopping at Tommy Hilfiger, our customers only deserve the very best in-store experience we can offer. You will be working as part of our store team in a luxury retail environment where you will share a passion for our brand and our values with our customers and colleagues.
The Concession Manager’s primary function is to ensure the efficient running of their concession business, in order to achieve the highest levels of customer service, sales and profit. To manage all personnel, product and merchandising functions, business processes and results for their concession. The CM directs and motivates their team to provide unparalleled, spirited service to all customers, generates sales and profit, minimize losses and ensures the concession is visually distinctive and impeccably maintained.
Delivering Business Results
- Articulate corporate mission and business goals within the store. Support corporate expectations and systems. Follow up to ensure proper execution of company initiatives and provide feedback to Area Manager, as needed.
- Partner with AM to build on business opportunities and achieve Company standards/goals: sales and wage budgets, units per transaction (UPT), conversion (hit) rate, wage and expense control, shrinkage, mystery shops, store audits and profitability.
- Execute and model Company Policies & Procedures and established Best Practices in Human Resources, Customer Service, Store Operations, Product Management, Loss Prevention, and Point of Sale.
- Respond to and communicate with the AM on all competitors, community information that could impact Company business.
Managing Customer Service
- Focus staff on the importance of the quality of relationships with internal and external customers. Ensure accountability of staff in building a repeat customer base by providing all customers with unparalleled spirited service.
- Effectively manage customer complaints in a timely and effective way.
- Clearly communicate to staff: store and individual sales goals and other key performance expectations; sales results and provide guidance on what is needed to improve performance.
- Consistently foster a positive store experience by treating all customers, and staff members in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ensure “door to floor” Best Practices and visual merchandising directives and standards for sales floor and back room are being executed; continually review standards to ensure clear and consistent execution.
- Complete daily/weekly store walk-throughs; evaluate product performance, pricing, sell through, and inventory levels. Communicate to the AM what is driving sales results and discuss any issues/priorities, in order to develop strategies to maximize business. Ensure there are weekly visual presentation action plans.
- Maintain corporate visual merchandising directives and standards for sales floor and back room; continually review standards to ensure clear and consistent execution. Ensure Hilfiger/Calvin Klein VM best practices are achieved and there is clear understanding and communication between the VM and store teams.
Managing Store Operations
- Ensure daily management of sales, payroll, controllable expenses, goals and company initiatives. Align activities to ensure business goals are met.
- Analyze store level reports and create action plans to improve results.
- Communicate with staff daily at morning Meeting - individual sales goals, and other key performance indicators, store results, product sales and other information to help them provide unparalleled service and achieve goals. Hold One Minute Meetings at the end of employees’ shifts; summarize their performance results, provide constructive feedback and recognition.
- Perform Manager-on-duty functions; manage store opening/closing functions and the sales floor.
Managing Human Resources
- Assist the manpower planning, identification, recruitment, interviewing, hiring and orientation processes; Recruit store personnel with a broad range of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
- Work with the AM to build bench strength for key positions, including possible successors.
- Ensure that all Employees are properly oriented into the Company and trained in their role. Provide training and coaching for Employees (daily, weekly and monthly) and ensure that it is appropriately documented.
Ideally you will have thorough management experience within the retail or service industry within a high performing store, working on both customer standards and to quality KPIs. You'll be used to budgeting, planning, sales and people leadership too. Setting challenging yet obtainable goals is important to us, so you'll have a proven track record of stretching and developing your team whilst acting with confidence and showing a clear 'presence' on the shop floor.
We need someone to encourage our culture of open communication and teamwork whilst being innovative and flexible in ways of working too - this is an ever changing environment. Most importantly, you need to love our product as much as we do!