About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues.
Founded in 1968 and acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003, Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses. We strive to make a positive impact on the world. We inspire passion in our people. We embody authenticity and embrace individuality.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognised for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010. We engage consumers through 360° marketing campaigns, innovative events, exciting collaborations and brand partnerships, and work with some of the biggest names from the world of Fashion, Art, Music and Entertainment.
PVH Retail is responsible for circa 50% of the UK & EIR total business. It’s a fast paced, energetic and open environment - where everyone has a voice and is highly encouraged to contribute. Our teams operate autonomously, but with one consistent red thread that runs through our retail business – ‘Retail Working As One’. We are one team, made up of 5 key departments: Buying, Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Retail Operations and our Store Teams on the ground, driving our business. Our focus is always stores’ first. We put our teams on the ground, serving our consumers, at the forefront of everything we do.
Reporting to the Retail Director, the Head of Buying is not just accountable for their individual Department and their respective teams within, but importantly this individual plays a huge role in the Senior Retail Leadership Team. Here they will be accountable for the co-creation of retail initiatives with their peers and help nurture and drive the culture of the wider retail business. As a Head Of Dept, a good proportion of this role is spent not just being the specialist in the department, but as a generalist for the wider retail organisation.
- Own the pre-season strategy, planning and in-season trading of the business model (with merchandise partner).
- Ownership of the buying strategy, leading team in the strategy and selection of product mix and brand matrix for all brands and divisions.
- Deliver seasonal Buy-review and Best-buy process to achieve departmental sales and margin targets. Displaying clear strategy and brand direction.
- Gain input on range needs, including pricing, quantity and delivery from RD, MD and all Channel Heads and incorporate into seasonal strategic direction.
- Set and achieve budgeted sales, margin and sell thru targets.
- Playing key role in both store design / set-up (new and existing).
- Delivering clear vision / strategy each season to storeline.
- Working with the Amsterdam division/s to exploit their capability and ensuring ways of working are established in line with the business model.
- Continually improve and develop space/capacity planning, across all channels.
- Report margin and mix forecasts as needed to the RD and Finance department.
- Assort range using brand direction, commercial instincts, correct balance of historical selling information and trend, store capacities and financial goals. Demonstrate the combination of the these elements during buy review.
- Represent UKIR for all key European adoption / B&M strategy meetings.
- Work with Head of Merchandising to ensure buy quantities are confirmed and in store sale targets as well as exit stock targets are achieved through stock levels.
- To deliver pre-season actions that maximise sales and profit opportunities (whilst partnering in the trading and opportunities that occur in-season).
- To lead the process of taking product from strategy, planning, development and selection to stores - meeting our store and customer requirements, by channel.
- Deliver the right product at the right time, in line with the divisional design brief and merchandise/buying strategy to meet customer requirements.
- Work closely with the WHS teams to understand the customer mix and create and promote suggested buy packages for WHS and franchise partners.
- Inspire, lead and direct the buying team - in the development of their current/future role, and achievement of objectives. Ensure clear succession planning is in place at all times.
- Align department resources with areas of growth and profitability
- You'll have at least 10 years fashion retail buying experience
- You'll have previous off-price and full-price experience
- You'll have an understanding of the UK & Irish retail market.
- You'll have have a proven track record of leading & developing teams.
- You’ll have strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to build relationships with ease.
- You’ll be a commercially astute and confident decision maker, communicating with impact across all levels.
- You will work well with change, being able to quickly adapt and work with pace.
- You'll have an entrepreneurial spirit with proven track record of creating a business and buying strategy in a dynamic environment.
- You’ll have an appetite to engage with a wider (non buying) peer group daily and a desire to help evolve the Retail Senior Leadership Team and its offering.
At PVH, we understand that the success of our organisation is directly related to our hardworking and dedicated associates who contribute their time and talents to help make our Company the success it is. That is why we are committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that offers the protection, peace of mind and flexibility designed to support our associates – both at home and at work.