About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear.
In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
About THE ROLE
Our stores are the life and soul of our business. They act as our main touch points with our ever evolving consumer base. As the world of retail evolves, we, as a business, believe that for all other parts of the chain to work, our stores must set the tone of what our two brands are all about. Irrespective of where our consumers eventually make a purchase, our stores, are always a window to our great brands. As a result our locations are paramount, the first class experience must be a given and our in-store standards should never be questionable.
To deliver this, we strive to hire the individuals who live and breathe the values of our business; who are obsessed with delivering great service to our customers and who truly believe that to remain relevant in today’s world, we must be nimble and adapt to change and evolution.
The Floor Manager plays a key role in achieving these standards, they lead by example, embrace our entrepreneurial spirit and inspire their team through their passion and belief in our brands.
- Ensure the efficient running of the shop floor, in order to achieve the highest levels of customer service, sales and profit.
- Support the management team managing all personnel, product and merchandising functions, business processes and results for their store.
- Communicate with staff daily their individual sales goals, key performance indicators, store results, product sales and other information to help them provide unparalleled service and achieve.
- Hold ‘one minute meetings’ at the end of employees’ shifts; summarise their performance results, provide constructive feedback and recognition.
- Execute and model company established best practices in Customer Service, Store Operations, Loss Prevention,and Point of Sale.
- Achieve company standards/goals for personal sales results: sales v. budgets, sales per hour and units per transaction.
- Respond to and communicate with the Store Manager on all competitors, community information that could impact company business.
- Focus staff on the importance of quality relationships with internal and external customers.
- Effectively manage customer complaints in a timely and effective way.
- Analyse store level reports and create action plans to improve results.
- Effectively communicate with the Store Manager regarding day-to-day operational issues of the store.
- Perform Manager-on-duty functions; manage store opening/closing functions and the sales floor.
- You'll have a previous track record of supervisory or specialist roles within a premium or luxury brand.
- You'll have previous people management experience with the ability to resolve conflict and unproductive disagreements.
- You'll be an effective communicator with the ability to build relationships with ease.
- You'll be a team player who recognises and celebrates the contributions and achievements of others.
- You'll be confident in giving feedback that promotes positive behavioral change.
- You will work well with change, being able to quickly adapt and work with pace.
- You will be energetic and authentic showing a clear presence on the shop floor.
- You'll approach all issues with a ‘can do’ approach and act with initiative to find in store solutions.