About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues.
Founded in 1968 and acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003, Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses. We strive to make a positive impact on the world. We inspire passion in our people. We embody authenticity and embrace individuality.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger, was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores.
Accounts Payable Accountant will work within the Financial Accounting team, whose role is supporting the business to reach their targets. This is done by overlooking the accounts payable function across the board – for Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and PVH. The main role of this position – to support Financial Controllers with AP ledgers management, CAPEX ownership form actual invoices received to reporting the under/overspend to different stakeholders, invoice/ employees expenses processing and analysis.
About THE ROLE
This role will involve building good and trustworthy relationship between different stakeholders – suppliers, Shared Service Center (SSC) team, colleagues, bank representatives. It is crucial for the business that all invoices and employees’ expenses would be approved and paid on time, the charges recognized correctly and processed to the correct G/L ledger, under correct cost or profit centers.
The analysis of the P&L and PPE accounts will be essential for the role, understanding whether the 3 party invoices are processed on time and in correct period. If not, the proposal for the accruals made to Financial Controllers. To expand the importance of the role, the CAPEX ownership will be allocated to this role. Last but not least – as AP Accountant will be responsible for cash outflows, the involvement in the cash flow forecasts will be essential. AP Accountant will report directly to Financial Controller.
- Review and maintain the FA registers for all entities
- Advise SSC on the processing of the CAPEX invoices and whether its processed correctly:
- Project start date
- Capitalization period
- Monthly depreciation charges
- FA recon to SAP
- Invoice copies saving in the folder, making sure all CAPEX additions are captured
- CAPEX actuals vs BDGT:
- Maintaining the track of the project costs and keeping up to date list
- Communicating with Commercial Finance / Project teams in AMST re CAPEX over/underspends
- Review the postings whether the correct G/L and CC/Sites were used
- Prepare the accruals on monthly basis based on BDGT/FCST
- Prepare parked invoice accruals based on the files received from SSC
- Maintain the reconciliation of the accruals made and being on top of it
- Advise SSC for reconciliations
- Provide weekly update of AP ledger analysis and what action plan
- Collaboration with SSC agreeing when the payments are planned to be made
- Planning when the biggest payments will should be made, avoiding the delay of the payment processing
- Working closely with other parties preparing accurate Cash flow
- Invoice approvals for the stores’ OPEX
- Querying the OPEX invoices with stores / relevant parties in obtaining the approvals
- Checking employees’ expenses in concur
- Making sure employees are following up the PVH expenses policy
- Processing & approving expenses in concur and making sure its processed in SAP on timely manner
- Checking whether expenses have been processed correctly
- Working closely with PVH FA obtaining information of the expenses posted to suspense account, in order to reclassification/recharge the cost to the correct G/L or other entity.
- Studying towards CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualification;
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience of working within a finance function;
- High attention to detail;
- Accountable and reliable;
- High willingness to learn;
- Good interpersonal skills.