About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and celebrates the essence of classic American cool and contemporary preppy vibes with a twist. Founded in 1985, we have achieved strong global brand recognition with platforms in art, music and entertainment. We remain committed to delivering premium styling, quality, value and service to our customers.Tommy Hilfiger occupies a unique position as a premium brand offering apparel, accessories and lifestyle products at accessible price points through the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands. We are passionate in designing products for men, women and children in over 90 countries and 1,480 retail stores across the globe.In 2010 Tommy Hilfiger joined the one of the world’s largest apparel companies, PVH Corp. As a fast growing company driven by achievement and commitment, we strive to attract people passionate about our brand who will take pride in taking our business to new levels.Calvin Klein is a global powerhouse offering a modern design aesthetic. At the core of our DNA we look to engage consumers through provocative and iconic lifestyle imagery. Alongside our notable women’s and men’s designer apparel for the catwalk, we have an extensive range of product lines including fragrances, eyewear, jewellery, watches, handbags and small leather goods.The Calvin Klein brands - Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein Black Label, Calvin Klein Accessories, Calvin Klein Dress Furnishings, Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Under- wear provide us with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally through various distribution channels and to a diverse consumer group.In 2013 PVH Corp, one of the world’s largest apparel companies acquired the complete House of Calvin Klein gaining full creative control over all license brands. As a fast growing company driven by achievement and commitment, we strive to attract people passionate about our brand who will take pride in taking our business to new levels.
The PVH Full Price Stores Area Manager is responsible for all aspects of management of multiple store locations in and around the South region. For each store, The Area Manager is responsible for recruiting, developing and training a staff that is dedicated to driving the business. In addition, the Area Manager is responsible for the merchandise, inventory, meeting all operational budgets whilst providing and maintaining a proactive business plan.Within this role the individual will be accountable for analyzing, recommending, executing and managing initiatives and efficiencies that support business structure, strategy and growth. As a brand ambassador and team Leader, for both Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein, you will be responsible for motivating, inspiring, coaching and developing a team. A key deliverable as Area Manager is building and maintaining strong relationships with both internal departments and external partners.
- Exceed sales goals and KPI targets, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Analyse available sales reports and data to determine the needs of the business and set business strategies
- Track, monitor and communicate business results in commercially succinct manner
- Seek new ways to increase business and drive individual store and area performance
- Ensure individual sales and unit goals are set for sales associates; manage results to ensure peak performance
- Collaborate with Head of Retail and Marketing to identify marketing opportunities to support sales
- To keep ahead of trends in the market place and effectively monitor competitor activity to maintain a leading, world class customer experience / proposition.
- Ensure all associates provide the highest level of customer service
- Manage client database and utilize information to increase sales and client contact
- Resolve all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively
- Assist Managers with various customer service issues i.e. dissatisfied customers, returns, defective merchandise.
- Introduce and Manage all special events inclusive of collection previews, client events, sale events and centre events, etc.
- Empower Managers to make decisions in the customer’s best interest that also support the Company’s philosophy
- Formulate and launch an Area Manager Store Visit Audit that depicts key deliverables to be actioned by Store Management after each of your visits.
- Introduce weekly and monthly lines of communication with stores that drive team engagement but ensure managers strive to exceed existing performance standards.
- Maintain a systematic auditing program to ensure full location compliance in all areas and all locations
- Control store expenses and maintain budgets, continually striving to reduce all costs
- Manage and conduct bi-annual inventories
- Support and assume responsibility for the integrity of Shipping/ Receiving in all areas and ensure that staff adheres to all Shipping/Receiving policies and procedures
- Support, promote and assume responsibility for loss prevention in all areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls, inventory management, inter-store communication and LP audits
- Implement and maintain all merchandising directives and ensure execution of effective merchandising strategies
- Partner with B&M, logistics, and Head of Retail to ensure appropriate assortment for the stores
- Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and all visual areas are reflective of current visual direction
- Recruit, train, and develop Store Management teams
- Support, implement and provide follow-up for all training programs, seminars, etc.
- Continually evaluate the performance of each Manager and provide constant feedback to ensure results
- Resolve all human resources issues in a timely and effective manner, partnering with HR when necessary
- Partner with Human resources to review and evaluate management census by store, identifying opportunities to drive additional business through improved staffing structure
The ideal candidate will be commercially experienced and have excellent interpersonal skills. They will also need to have a solid understanding of shop operations to ensure the Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein store standards are maintained at all times. Excellent communication skills, motivated, positive, a self-starter with lots of initiative and highly organized.
Proven retail experience in a Senior Retail shop role (3+years) or previous Area Management experience is essential, preferably within a lifestyle brand environment.
- Customer centric
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Time Management skills
- Persuading and influencing skills
- Coaching and developing skills
- Performance management skills
- Highly commercial
- Able to Network effectively
- Results driven