About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process.
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 17,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.7 billion in 2014.
PVH Corp., one of the world’s largest apparel companies, owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands. It is the world’s largest shirt and neckwear company and markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
Within the Tommy Hilfiger Kids division, the Merchandising department fulfills a central role. It is the link between the Wholesale and Retail teams (via Sales Manager and Retail Department) and Design and Product Development on the other side.
The department makes range plans for the various collections, sets sales targets and margin targets and is closely involved – together with Design and Product Development – in building collections that are true to the Brand, in tune with market developments and commercially successful both at wholesale (sell in) and at retail (sell out).
The Merchandise Coordinator reports directly to the Merchandising Manager, and will be part of a merchandising team of 5 people.
- Support the merchandisers with samples requests, ad hoc tasks, diverse meetings, preparing hand-outs, internet research, PLM, power point presentations, overviews, etc.
- Send pricing lists to all countries and input changes after Sales Director signs off
- Coordinate the sales / development memo and send out sales memo to all countries 2x a week
- Add in PLM all sales / development comments regarding styles and make it a commercial description
- Answer sales questions from countries during selling season
- Keep the sales distribution list updated
- Responsible for all systems on a divisional merchandising point of view:
- IPAD/Digital Showroom/Image Portal/CMDB
- Take care and follow up on all data, information, sales tools and pictures uploads - (POS material/ marketing material/ ns brochure/ looks/ product stories)
- Responsible for start sales readiness: FTP/IPAD/DS/CDB/price lists (follow up with shared service center)
- Upload marketing material and divisional material on the FTP for the IM
- Preparing information to feed the CSDB
- Resizing and Uploading Sketches to the Ipad / DS
- Coordinate production of color cards and DS swatches
- Update care codes, commodity codes, merch hierarchy in PLM
- Align data with system coordinator (shared service center)
- Support the divisional / events coordinator in having sample sets ready for the Omni-channel Best Buy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel (knowledge of pivot tables a plus) as well as Outlook, Word and PowerPoint. Previous experience working with Oracle and SAP is appreciated
- Problem-solver with ability to anticipate future issues and drive successful results
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced demanding environment where teamwork is key
- Strong time management skills with keen ability to prioritize tasks
- Demonstrates initiative and follows through completely on all aspects of a project
- Positive attitude and service oriented mindset
- Able to work in a multinational company where cultural awareness/sensitivity is important
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, professional level of English required
- High fashion sensibility and excellent taste level is required
- University degree required, 0-3 years of experience in merchandising, buying or retail sales