About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Reporting into the VP Design, this role will be responsible for mainly Graphics, but also all-overs prints, CAD design within the Menswear design team.
- Work on seasonal concepts/mood board for Menswear
- Research trends/ market – bring a balance between brand, category trend and fashion in each collection
- Experience with branding and swing tags is also preferred
- Use Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator to create print and patterns – allovers, classic stripes, checks, photo/ digital prints, placement print/ embroidery / logo design
- CAD, technical graphic work sheets and print and pattern artworks / technical information required for vendors
- Work closely with the whole of the menswear team
- Following up on all changes that relate to graphic design.
- Develop an understanding of design process and design skills to a commercial level
- Please apply with an up to date portfolio
- Design Background – Graphic’s degree background is preferred, in print, pattern, textile design
- Experience – need to have experience in similar role 5+ years from a Luxury Menswear brand
- Skills – Adobe creative suite, photoshop and Illustrator are a must
- Be creative and proactive
- Developing patterns and repeats
- Team working skills, work together with the other graphic designer and design team.
- Understanding of the design process
- Understanding of the technical side of the graphic design.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Organizational skills
- A creative, open minded individual with the Tommy spirit.
- Someone who can adapt quickly and easily; and is reliable, takes initiative
- Fluent in English – written and spoken
- Must be a team player