About the company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear.
In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings.Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Tommy Hilfiger Kids offers global premium lifestyle collections with a true American spirit.
Within the Tommy Hilfiger Kids division, the design team fulfills a creative role.
Based in the Amsterdam European head office the team is split into 4 sub teams:
- Sourcing and Production
- Buying and Planning
- Merchandise and Sales
These 4 teams work together in an informal setting on creating collections which are timeless, preppy Americana with an unexpected twist. Tommy Hilfiger kids presents 4 collections per year; Spring, Summer/Pre Fall, Fall and Holiday/Pre Spring.
As a junior designer within the Kids design team, you will work closely with the Sr. designer Girls. You will be responsible for designing and executing seasonal collections for the product categories knits, under the guidance of the Sr. Designer. You will work closely with the Sr. Design Manager and Sr. Design Director for planning and developing understanding of the Tommy design direction with a commercial review.
Among other you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for designing and executing of seasonal collections under the guidance of the designer for the Tees, Lt Knits and Hvy weight Knits area.
- Researching trends that work into the TH Kids world, translating these into the collection on the direction of the designer/design manager
- Continually Research of trends and market understanding.
- Working with the PLM system, uploading sketches and technical information.
- Preparing all design sheets for divisional presentations and sales presentation (Sketch Review, Adoption Meeting, Proto review, Line Opening).
- Responsible for preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally.
- Prepare overviews of the collection each season for merchandising Team of THK and Development team.
- Following up on all changes that relate to the product area/ styles on a daily basis.
- Assist designer and developer each season on the fitting process and gaining knowledge of construction and execution of styles.
- Working closely with all designers within the design team, communicating ideas and improvements on work flow and team building.
- Working closely with Merchandising and Product Development teams
- Build on development skills towards team building within the product area to which the junior designer is working on.
- Develop an understanding of design process and design skills to a commercial level.
Please apply with an updated portfolio
- Design Background – university degree, fashion or textile design
- Fluent in English
- Two year of work experience
- Team player with hands on mentality
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Open minded and flexible mind set
- Good knowledge and skills in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- High level of responsibility and proactivity
- Good planning and organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Basic understanding of garment construction and knowledge of fabrics.
- Good taste level and willingness to learn and understand Tommy design direction