About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The MEA organization is one of the most dynamic organizations within PVH. We are responsible for developing the PVH brands (Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein) in the emerging markets (Middle East, Africa, South East Europe). Our business approach is multifaceted in order to optimize the positioning of PVH in our markets.
The team working for this region must be able to manage and build relationships with our partners across various cultures and backgrounds, and enjoy a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Position Description & Responsibilities
The TH Field Visual Merchandiser MEA will be responsible to roll-out the global visual merchandising strategy in the markets of competence. Reporting into the TH VM Manager, he/she will be focus on supporting the stores on the openings, seasonal changes, trainings, special guidelines designed on the markets needs, etc. He/She will work closely with all the MEA departments in order to ensure that the standards are maintained in the area of competence.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Work with TH VM manager, communicating with MEA office and VM franchise partners to roll-out the global visual merchandising strategy in-stores.
- Liaison with MEA+ office on all matters concerning in-store VM and windows to ensure that brand standards are maintained, and captured through accurate picture reporting, following a ‘before and after’ format.
- Build strong relationship with local VM manager/coordinator/in-store VM responsible, carrying out regular floor walks to critique VM standards and identify opportunities for further training and understand local needs.
- Facilitate the set-up of seasonal training in the field, working with local VM manager and MEA office
- Prepare for and install window displays following window guidelines and utilizing support from local VM and Store teams. Ensure that windows are implemented to the highest standard and use own initiative to overcome any issues that arise.
- Build on relationships with mall management to further understand local window restrictions
- Competitor/market analysis.
- Assist with seasonal showroom set-up as and when required.
- Administrative tasks - Including ordering window material, in-store POS, and VM guidelines.
- Be constantly updated on the KPI and sell through performances of the area of competence,
- Responsible for training in-store and support on the seasonal trainings, product and retail trainings in liaison with the departments of competence.
- Line-opening presentations, VM meetings and workshops are mandatory to attend
Essential skills & attributes:
- Able to travel within MEA+ Regions
- Team player
- Experience of working with store floor-plans and Project management skills
- Strong communication skills, in order to communicate efficiently and effectively with representatives from various partners
- Understanding of the KPI’s and sales numbers is mandatory
- Fluent in English language (written & spoken), Dutch language desirable but not essential
- Microsoft office literate, including excel
- Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign basic skills required
- Enthusiastic attitude and be a ‘hands-on’ self-starter
- Pro Active thinking / planning.
- Ability to prioritize & multi-task.
- Analytical thinking and intelligent negotiation skill
- Good, confident presentation skills
- Stress resistant
- Critical thinking
- No 9:00 to 18:00 work mentality, has to be flexible in working hours and travel time
Education, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level or equivalent, ideally in design, marketing or fashion
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Visual Merchandising role (direct, franchising, department store environment)