About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
A credit controller is responsible for ensuring timely payment behaviour of our customers. This will result in a balanced aging of our A/R ledger, a solid cash position, low DSO and minimal credit risk.
- Good internal and external communication skills
- Knowledge of various methods of payment
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping and accounting
- PC literate with well-developed spread sheet and word processing skills (MS Excel and MS Word)
- Good, confident and assertive yet patient telephone manner
- Attention to detail and the willingness to “discover” and “innovate”
- Good arithmetic skills
- Good organization and administrative skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Self-disciplined and self-motivating attitude
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually
- Commercial orientation towards customer requirements
- Fluent in German
- Monitor the A/R ageing
- Contact customers regarding overdue invoices
- Resolve payment differences/disputes
- Communicate with the credit insurance company regarding credit limits, overdue customers and legal proceedings
- Partake in regular credit reviews to maximize delivery performance whilst minimizing credit exposure
- Monitor deliveries blocked for credit and if deemed possible release for shipment
- Assist in maintaining customer master data
- Reconcile payments
- Inform and liaise with sales/customer service
- Assist the credit analysis team in their decisions
- Assist the Senior Credit Controller in updating weekly and monthly reports
- Maintain various control files/reports