About the Company:
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Department and Team Description:
The TH Marketing & Communications department has 3 key objectives:
- Drive traffic and conversion @ full price
- Consistently bring the brand to life in the markets
- Be a pro-active business partner
Its scope includes setting strategies, and giving direction and servicing the business of its ‘clients’: Divisions, Countries, Departments, Licensing Partners and Senior Management. It is the point of liaison between client needs, the brand and the final consumer.
Our core competences cover a wide variety of capabilities: brand management, corporate communications, advertising, media management, promotion management, trade marketing, campaign creation, in-store marketing (POS), digital marketing, event management, sponsoring, PR management and celebrity endorsement.
Communications is responsible for corporate and internal communications, event management, sponsorships, fashion PR and celebrity endorsements. The Communications team ensure that there is appropriate communications strategies and press coverage to drive the Tommy Hilfiger brand.
Internal Communications supports the internal messaging, communications channels and culture programs for PVH Europe & Tommy Hilfiger Global. The team aims to inform, inspire and engage associates around the world by driving alignment with PVH Corp. while nurturing the unique values and culture at PVH Europe and within the Tommy Hilfiger Brand.
The Director Global Internal Communications is responsible for establishing annual strategies, priorities, and budgets; overseeing team development; and driving brand and regional alignment across three core areas:
- Internal Communications Channels & Messages: Improve company-wide information flow to better empower associates.
- Internal Programs: Drive a cultural narrative of innovation, collaboration, inspiration & engagement.
- Employer Branding: Align & strengthen employer communications across our regions, brands and businesses, and oversee the marketing of PVH Europe as a top global employer.
The role has a global scope for Tommy Hilfiger and a regional spoke for PVH Europe, which includes the Calvin Klein Europe business.
- Develop a high performing team focused on driving innovation and supporting global alignment.
- Oversee workflow and team structure to streamline processes and maintain clarity in roles and responsibilities.
- Point of contact for PVH Communications team on Internal Communications and Employer Branding strategies.
2. INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
- Create innovative, fast-paced, service-oriented internal communications strategies that support all Departments, Divisions, and Regions/Countries to achieve core business objectives.
- Ensure external marketing campaigns are properly rolled out to an internal audience.
- Bring hands-on management to special projects for executive team or core business groups.
- Oversee Internal Communications team in their execution:
- Improved messaging and visual content to relay messages in a powerful, consistent manner.
- Supporting internal business “clients” with communications strategy consulting.
- A streamlined, efficient and innovative channel landscape supported by clear policies and procedures.
- A clear annual calendar tracking all internal communications across all channels
- Tracking readership and engagement metrics across all channels.
- Accurate distribution groups
3. INTERNAL PROGRAMS
- Set strategies and manage budgets for leadership-led internal programs that support our culture and values.
- Develop and manage external partnerships at a senior level (Examples: INSEAD, TED)
4. EMPLOYER BRANDING
- Lead rollout of Employer Branding strategy for PVH Europe and Tommy Hilfiger Global, in alignment with global PVH Corp. strategies.
- Drive the business’ use of the Corporate Branding Digital Asset Library.
- Set and oversee content strategy for external facing recruitment sites (Example: tommy.com career sites, Business of Fashion, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, local country sites, etc.)
- Collaborate with Director, Talent Management on associate recruitment, performance evaluation & development materials.
- +10 years of working experience in Communications with 4 years of leadership experience in Internal Communications
- Strong networking capabilities to develop working relationships across the organization
- Background in the fashion industry or consumer goods
- Leadership experience in building new teams & managing diverse intercultural teams
- Experience in managing complex stakeholder relationships
- High attention to detail
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Strong presentation and communications skills at board room level
- Strategic and pragmatic
- Collaborative; team player
- Responsive and service minded
- Expert proficiency in Keynote and all Microsoft Office programs
Our behavioral competences:
: Be bold, Make the Impossible Possible, Drive Innovation, Drive sustainable growth, Be proactive, Embrace change
: Prioritize our product, Build positive & long-term working relationships, Be customer and consumer centric, Be detailed
: Be accountable, Seek solutions, Be resourceful, Be responsible
: Think & act within the matrix, Lead by example, Be clear, Inspire & empower others, Build global networks
: Be inclusive, Support diversity, Be open-minded, Foster trust, Have a positive impact on people and the environment