About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Position Description and responsibilities
The material coordinator works into the Material Team in Amsterdam in close collaboration with our Dong Guan and Portugal material team. The biggest task will be to organize material overview and libraries and to Research and Develop new materials for bags and shoes as leather, textile, PU/PVC, etc.
- Manage the seasonal material overview across Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein bags;
- Manage and implement the PLM material library (our internal system);
- Implement and manage the Amsterdam physical material library;
- Bring ideas of new materials to PD and design;
- Develop new innovative material together with our core supplier and our Dong Guan Material Team
- Support the creation of a seasonal material mode board (2 times per year) from Inspiration and Innovation;
- Follow up the daily activities in coordination with the Material Calendar;
- Work closely with the Dong Guan Material Team on material overview and development;
- Be passionate on the knowledge of the material making process and on the different possible use of it on the product;
- Be inspiring on process innovation looking for alternative way to implement it and improving balancing risk and opportunity of it.
Education and Skills
- Technical knowledge about material and product;
- Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Fluent English speaking, preferably if can understand also Chinese and Italian;
- Organized, open, curious, sensible e and proactive;
- Good on seeking solution;
- Interest on innovation/technology/fashion/music/art/nature in order of importance