About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The Product Developer is responsible for the circular knit product development from sketch (created by Design) until final product. The product is developed, produced and received based on the standards and goals established in cooperation with the Design/ Merchandise department.
- Advises Design/ Merchandise regarding technical possibilities and limitations.
- Works closely with the Buying offices, vendors to control the status and changes to the styles, follows up on deadlines for proto samples, lab-dips, sales samples and pricing.
- Responsible for tracking all proto and fit samples for each season of the collection as well as pro-active planning.
- Comments samples on details, measurements, fit and workmanship. Communicates all changes on styles to the buying offices or vendors.
- Coordinates and ensures that all the systems are updated and matching as per internal information (PLM)
- Maintains an active role to be updated about the latest yarn/fabric developments with major yarn suppliers/fabric mills.
- Takes a pro-active role in continuously improving the product in ways of quality and fit.
- Reports into the Senior Manager Knits
- Education: higher textile education (AMFI, De Maere, TMO, MTS Mode & Kleding or similar)
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in development/sourcing/production of the targeted product group
- Used to working under pressure with deadlines
- Excellent communication and team player
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PLM systems
- Solid knowledge of fabrics, garment specifications, fitting and pattern making
- Fluent in English
- Open to extensive travel