About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
Position Description and Responsibilities
The Fit Tech is responsible for the technical aspects of a woven garment, within the Tommy Hilfiger Kids division, and supports/assists the Manager for all related activities.
- Supporting Design to Develop covering 4-6 collections per division annually, covering the division Tommy Hilfiger Kids
- Taking part in collection reviews & fitting with design
- Working closely with Design / Development / Merchandise/ Buying teams
- PLM technical contact point
- Lead fit & spec approval from proto’s, through to bulk production
- Organize fitting sessions (Amsterdam / Far East)
- Following closely any new developments related to body measurements, grading and measurements of children
- Regular contact with Vendors & Buying offices
- Product Efficiency & Optimization
- Overseas traveling is required for this position 2 / 3 times per year
- Experience working as a Technical. Team skills are essential.
- Effective communicator, presenter & team player
- Confidence to Influence and engage in all levels
- Thinking outside of the box
- In depth understanding of fitting, garment technology and machinery
- General understanding of patternmaking (Gerber)
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving dynamic retail environment
- PLM knowledge
- Reporting directly to the Manager Tech support
- Works in a team of 11 technical skilled people
- Works closely with Design/ Development/ Buying/ Merchandising
- At least 4 years Technical Management experience required
- Full time base