About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process.
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 17,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.7 billion in 2014.
PVH Corp., one of the world’s largest apparel companies, owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands. It is the world’s largest shirt and neckwear company and markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
- Creative and Practical support of the Runway WSW design team;
- Assist in maintaining a positive and creative work environment;
- Assisting designers in the day to day running of the studio;
- Assist in the creation of CAD sketches for the collection;
- Assist in the creation of artwork pages for print and embroideries;
- Assisting in the creation of colourcards, moodboards and presentation boards.
- Attending and assisting in fittings during TH Collection and Runway meetings;
- Assisting in the preparation and running of runway and TH collection meetings and fittings.
- Running the TH Collection & Runway archive, co-ordinating and keeping track on the movement of samples in and out of the studio;
- Good research skills with a focus on both current trends and vintage/ classic styles and details. Working with this research to produce design, fabrics and prints moodboards for both TH Collection and Runway.
- Assist in the administration of design – uploading sketches, style names and codes into PLM system.
- Gain experience and a thorough understanding of the design, development and fabric process from concept to presentation of TH Collection and Runway;
- Understanding of brand appropriate design and fabric selection;
- Improve knowledge of photoshop and illustrator;
- Improve time management and organization, learning to prioritize based on given tasks.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Start date: July 2017. Duration is 6 months.
- It is a requirement that the candidate is still enrolled in a university or school program.
- Educational requirements: University
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English, speaking and writing
- Technical/Computer Skills: Good Illustrator and Photo Shop knowledge is essential.
- Basic knowledge of print/embroidery techniques and processes.
- Knowledge of current fashion trends and influences as well as vintage.
- Flexible and comfortable in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to perform under pressure and use their own initiative whilst working as part of our small team.