Are you a rock star in continuously optimizing the flow of sales for our stores and do you have at least 3 year’s experience in merchandise planning and/or Allocation? Please read below for more info on our senior Merchandise Planner role.
The MEA+NL Group is one of the most dynamic organizations within PVH. Next to our continued growing NL business, we are developing the PVH brands (Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein) in Greece, Middle East, Israel and Africa. Our business approach is multifaceted in order to optimize the positioning of PVH in our markets. We are driven by excellence and dedicated to give our best to drive the growth across our regions.
As the (Senior) Merchandise Planner you will join the MEA+NL team at our European head office in Amsterdam. You will be responsible for the pre-season planning and in-season management and work closely with sales and buying teams to prepare a coherent and commercially successful product assortment by collating and analyzing data on NL Own & Operated store portfolio’s performance.
You will be responsible for:
- Pre-season Planning: Creating and calculating a detailed range plan for assigned classification(s) for Buying Department that provides options as input for the assortment plan
- In season management/trading: Monitoring budget, items and stores, driving corrective actions, including buying extra stock or clearances, within the guidelines, to ensure optimal stock management and contribution to the realization of the standards with regards to margin and turnover
- Allocation: Setting up an allocation plan together with the Head of Planning and Jr. Planner managing allocation andreplenishmentof goods to the stores, monitor and adjust replenishment parameters to create optimal stock level across all channels
- Analysis and management information: Analyzes financial trends (e.g. sales, markdown, profit margins, pricing and promotions), customer trends (e.g. segmentations, destination departments, demographics and market share), product trends (winners and losers) and competitor trends to create input for a detailed range plan
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience in merchandise planning, company planning, merchandising or allocation.
- Experienced with merchandise management systems & processes
- Cross-cultural skills and flexible approach
- Communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Highly Commercial and analytical skills
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Structured and reliable work ethic
- Ability to prioritize a demanding, workload and time manage effectively
- Excellent command of English language - verbal and written
- PC literate with excellent knowledge of Excel including setting up spreadsheets, formulas, etc.
About the Company:
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.