About the Company
We are a company transformed, focusing on global growth and brand building. Since our beginning in 1881, we have become a world leading lifestyle Apparel Company with over US$8 billion in estimated 2013 revenues. Through a combination of strategic acquisitions and successful partnerships with our brands, we have been able to globally expand across the wholesale, retail, e-commerce and licensing channels throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
With the acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger in 2010 and of the full Calvin Klein brand in 2013, we have redefined the identity, performance and long-term growth potential of our organization. We work with these powerful global iconic lifestyle brands together as a family to maximize their potential by leveraging them across new categories and existing and future markets.
Together, as a global, action-oriented company characterized by commitment and achievement, we strive to attract people who will help take our brands and business to new levels.
Main focus of Position: Be responsible for the development process, working very closely with design/merchandising/production teams and vendors.
Leading 1 direct report, and working closely to Technical Design on Development and Sourcing.
Position Description and responsibilities:
- Full ownership of the products from Proto to Production developed styles
- Managing the men and women’s development teams, whilst being responsible for women’ s product development
- Responsible for fabric, color, fit and quality
- Keep the overview of the setup of PLM system
- Manage timelines to meet calendar deadlines
- Daily communication + frequent travels to production facilities
- Help drive the pricing strategy/margin targets
- Guarantee that all shipped garments meet PVH high quality requirements
- Degree in Fashion, Clothing or Textiles related discipline with min 10 years’ experience
- Solid product knowledge of apparel , preferably having swimwear experience
- Strong knowledge in fabrics/trims quality and color approval
- People management experience
- Knowledge in pattern making, fit and lingerie construction techniques is a pre.
- Independent garment evaluation/approval against specifications
- Good aesthetic and commercial sense in making commercial judgment
- Experience in factory operations, assessments, inspection processes and/or production efficiency
- Effective communication, interpersonal skills to work with overseas office & vendors
- Team player
- Proactive problem solving developer which has attention to details
- Strong personal integrity and professional ethics
- Good command of written & spoken English