The Analytics & Business Intelligence Centre (ABI) based in Amsterdam is a designated group of Advanced Analytics (AA) & Business Intelligence (BI) professionals with the time and collective know how to:
- maximize the company’s BI investments;
- mapping out Business Intelligence Strategies; and
- driving Advanced Analytics.
The Analytics & Business Intelligence Department has been established to consolidate all of AA and BI efforts under one roof to create powerful business insights.
The Analytics & Business Intelligence Department is supporting and advising the sales organisations and product divisions on:
- generating standard reporting on key performance indicators for the business,
- creating insights through analytics on sales & distribution, inventory, supply chain and product development data and
- master data policies, governance, standards and monitoring tools.
The ABI has functional teams in the area of (i) Business Partnering, (ii) Report Engineering, (iii) Data Science, (iv) BI Datawarehouse Development, (v) Master data Governance who work together in a cross functional project organization format and (vi) Support.
BI Datawarehouse Developer
As a BI Datawarehouse Developer you are responsible for developing and supporting BI & analytical solutions on our SAP BW / HANA backend systems. You will collaborate with our key stakeholders to continuously develop and deliver the envisioned BI roadmap. You will be a driver for innovation on the platform, making sure our systems will be and stay up to date with latest technologies in the area of data warehousing.
Our team is young, enthusiastic, dynamic and pragmatic. The company is evolving quickly so we have to adapt to changes.
Overview of essential responsibilities
- Developing datawarehouse solutions in SAP BW/HANA under the supervision of more experienced team members
- Ensuring that all data flows configured within the datawarehouse are documented in line with the guidelines and ready on release to production.
- Ensuring proper DTAP (development, testing, acceptance and production) processes are followed for changes and for new releases.
- Improve speed of new releases (continuous delivery) by collaborating with the reporting engineering- and support team.
- Handle small changes and technical improvements (3rd line) as requested by the support team (2 line).
- SAP BW modeling experience (preferably on HANA)
- SAP HANA view modeling experience
- Ability to translate business reporting requirements into accurate specifications for data models
- Ability to coordinate with cross-functional team members
- Good English communication skills; the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
- Knowledge of SQL and/or ABAP program languages is a plus
- Adaptive to change
Education, Professional qualifications and experience
- Minimum education level: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Business Management , Computer Science, Mathematics, Econometrics or other appropriate education
- Work experience 3 – 5 year