About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The Senior Fit Technician will work within Menswear & Womenswear teams for Tommy Jeans. As a Senior you will technically support the designers to achieve the seasonal design vision of Tommy Jeans product across wovens and knits.
- Is responsible for Tommy Jeans, within menswear & womenswear with an initial focus on knit category with a view to expand on wovens
- Review & refine current block patterns and specs with special focus on knits
- Creating product specs in PLM for handover to factories within set deadlines from proto to production.
- Arrange fit sessions for own product groups and offer support during mainline collection fittings.
- Attend and lead fit sessions, prepare and relay fit comments to the factories and ensure these are accurately executed for own product groups.
- Create, maintain and update block pattern libraries keeping grading up to date and in line with set sizing standards.
- Support factories and product developers to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Flag any production and quality issues throughout a style’s cycle and work together with relevant teams to find appropriate solutions.
- Develop and standardize workmanship techniques for own product groups.
- Take regular factory visits to oversee proto/sampling/production development.
- Minimum 7-15 years’ experience as a Senior Fit Technician within the industry, menswear & womens experience preferable
- A good understanding and knowledge of pattern making as well as construction methods is essential.
- Should be capable of working under pressure to tight deadlines, is proactive and a strong team player willing to share knowledge.
- Comfortable working closely with department heads, designers and product developers on new ideas and interpretations.
- Should have a keen eye for detail and quality with good communication and organizational skills.
- Candidate should enjoy problem solving and have a passion for getting things done.
- Experience dealing with offshore factories/suppliers is beneficial.
- Available to travel at least 4-6 times a year to Asia and Europe.
- PLM or CAD experience is beneficial (Gerber) however training will be provided.