About the Company
Since first launching 1985, TOMMY HILFIGER has become globally renowned as the pioneer of classic American cool style, fusing iconic pop culture and Americana heritage with a global spirit. Driven by Hilfiger’s determined optimism, and under his guidance, vision and leadership as Principal Designer, TOMMY HILFIGER has grown into one of the world’s most recognized lifestyle brands that shares its inclusive, irreverent and youthful spirit with consumers worldwide. Tommy Hilfiger was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010.
In the position of Communications Manager Sustainability, you will be part of both the Corporate Responsibility and Communications teams. Our Corporate Responsibility team is responsible for establishing and driving the Make it Possible vision for TOMMY HILFIGER’s global sustainability commitments – Fashion that opens minds and closes loops.Global Communications owns all external & internal communications avenues and develops strategic messaging that reach the end consumer and key stakeholders for the business.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to set-up our Corporate Responsibility communication strategy from scratch. Starting with the creation of a communications plan, you will build up your internal and external network in order to successfully execute your plan. Position ResponsibilitiesProject Management
- Project management of CR (communication related) programs and initiatives, including: strategy proposals, events, calendars, asset development and budgets.
- Own all CR content on public facing websites and internal channels.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with external agencies, project vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for CR Communications budget.
Brand and Executive Management
- Research, recommendation and organization of relevant executive speaking engagements and interviews.
- Ownership of CFO’s and VP CR’s various brand and business presentations; external engagements, and internal meetings related to Corporate Responsibility.
- Developing journalist relationships for top tier global Sustainability outlets to pitch and secure brand and executive features.
- Partner with internal comms and PR and CR program experts to create transparency and buzz around deployment for example through employee engagement events (speaker, corporate and business events).
Media Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitoring of all CR related features in the press including news-related items, editorial features, photos and videos.
- Create external communications reports and recaps for all CR initiatives including events and business announcements.
- Execute on CR related crisis communication strategy, monitoring press and proactively communicating with executive team to provide a comprehensive analysis of coverage.
CR Communications Asset Development
- Lead coordination and execution of CR asset development, production and approvals until delivery of final product.
- Maintain an updated database of facts, figures and assets for presentation development and press interviews.
- Develop written materials including Q&As, press releases, speeches and quotes, interview talking points, and other CR corporate messaging (with copy team support) and information packages for retail associates and sales teams.
- Contribute to the development of the Brand’s social media strategy around Sustainability (both product related & corporate storytelling).
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in Sustainability and Communications, or other relevant fields.
- Experience with writing full press releases, talking points, scripts and other editorial content.
- Ideally a native English speaker, fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Strengths in analyzing and synthesizing high volumes of information, creating executive summaries and relaying resulting decisions and/or changes across multiple platforms.
- Strong networking capabilities to develop collaborative working relationships.
- Flexible, positive attitude and a team player. No nine to five mentality.
- Pro-active and responsive.