About the Company
We are a global premium lifestyle brand with a true American spirit. We’re classic American cool – timeless, preppy Americana with an unexpected twist. Since we began in 1985, the Tommy Hilfiger Group has become a US$4.6 billion apparel and retail company. We are committed to delivering high quality, beautifully designed products for men’s, women’s and children’s apparel, sportswear, denim, tailored, accessories and a range of licensed products such as fragrances and home furnishings. We distribute these to over 90 countries and 1,000 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Central and South America and Asia Pacific.
In 2010, Tommy Hilfiger joined the PVH Corp. group, one of the world’s largest apparel companies. Together, as a global, action-oriented company characterized by commitment and achievement, we strive to attract people who will help take our brands and business to new levels.
The Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear division is one of the main business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger Europe and includes next to the main women’s’ sportswear line also Women’s’ Swim, Ski, Fitness, Golf, Sailing and accessories. Based in the Amsterdam European head office the team is split into 4 sub teams: Design, Production and Sourcing & Development, Buying and Planning and Merchandising and Sales
These 4 teams work together in an informal setting on creating superbly styled and high-end quality products for the European consumer base. Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear presents 4 collections per year – 4 seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter)
As a Senior Designer working in the Women’s wear Division you will be responsible for designing and executing seasonal collections for the Causal Woven product category. This Role will be responsible for washed bottoms, the tailoring part of the collection soft and structured with a focus on pants and blazers. Casual Woven is a very important product group in which we see high potential for growth. You will work closely with the developers from the development team, merchandise team, and the Design manager and Design Director for the planning and development of the collection each season. You will design and execute seasonal range plans for review by the Design Director. Among other you will be responsible for:
- Researching trends and performing market research that works into the Tommy Hilfiger Women’s wear brand strategy
- Create a woven collection with Tommy DNA, including washed bottoms and Tailoring.
- Translating trends into a commercial, but creative collection
- Working to the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines
- Preparing all design sheets for divisional presentations and to focus on following up of each style
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally.
- Following up on selected fabric’s each season with product developer and communicating to buying offices any design related communication for Retail special needs.
- Working closely and communicate daily on issues and changes that arise from the development of designs selected. You will also partner with the product developer to ensure a smooth work flow each season when executing each style
- Working closely with Tech Department for the executing of garment fittings.
- To make sure all styles are to the highest standard, help find solutions to any problems that may come up in the fitting process.
- Pre-paring overview’s of the collection each season for merchandising Director and Team of Women’s wear and VP Women’s wear.
- Developing an understanding of fabrics/yarns/washes and to work with Fabric Manager for the selection of fabric’s for each collection.
- Acting quickly to developing trends and filter this into special designed product for Retail/Wholesale.
- Explaining the product area to merchandising or management in requested meetings.
- 8 - 10 years of experience different product groups with 2 years full experience in Woven product including washed bottoms and Tailoring
- Eye for details with a extensive knowledge of fabric & yarns
- Experience in overseeing a big product group
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand drawn skills
- Fluent in English both written and verbal as English is the working language of the company
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
- Travel to Europe & Asia for supplier visits
To be successful in this position you need to have a good understanding of the feminine trends and the ability to translate them into a commercial product. It is important that you are able to work independently as well as in a team and that you also enjoy working in a busy, changeable environment. To be able to work well with other teams you need to have strong communicational skills.