The Global Business Development department is the strategy function for TH Global/PVH Europe and its brands Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein. In this capacity, the department supports the TH Global/PVH Europe management in structuring strategic thinking, formulating multiyear group strategies, and running strategic projects throughout the business: along the value chain from merchandising a design, to product development, sourcing and logistics; as well as in the various distribution channels, markets, and with M&A and partnerships.
Global Business Development department supports C level management, product divisions’ management (e.g. menswear, womenswear), functional departments’ management (e.g. supply chain and logistics), the central and country commercial retail and wholesale organizations’ management.
We are trusted advisors of management. We are a team of strategic problem solvers, analytical thinkers, passionate team players, ambitious professionals who strive to bring about change and get our iconic brands to the next level. We work shoulder-to-shoulder with the business to develop meaningful, relevant and actionable strategies.
Reporting to the VP Business Development, the Director Strategy & Transformation is responsible for driving strategic projects throughout the organization. Actively managing joint Business Development and business project teams, leading the team’s thinking and problem solving, and ensuring quality are essential elements of this role.Responsibilities:
- Reports into the VP of Business Development
- Independent planning, execution and controlling of various strategic projects, with focus on product divisions (e.g. menswear, womenswear)
- Go-to person for product divisions management, support in identification and prioritization of strategic initiatives
- Lead the problem solving process: manage the structuring of issues, the running of analyses, and the development of actionable recommendations for the business
- Help develop a team of Managers and Business Analysts to expand their skill sets and to further progress their careers
- 7+ years of experience in strategy consulting with a top tier firm or similar in-house position in the fashion, apparel retail or consumer goods industry; 2+ years of management experience
- University degree from a leading business school/university. MBA or advanced degree is preferred; 2 years' additional experience in lieu of advanced degree
- Outstanding people and relationship skills; and ability to interact with different levels of a multi-cultural, international organization
- Inspirational leader
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Flexible, and able to perform in a highly dynamic work environment
- Independent, hands-on, able to prioritize, results oriented and structured
- Ability to deal with a new and wide variety of topics
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Real team player, does not take her/himself too seriously
- High standard of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent MS PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Proficiency in English
- Passion for the fashion and apparel industry