About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that is fueled by passion, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Omnichannel Controlling Department supports the organization in reaching its (financial) targets. Our mission is to enable our stakeholders to drive a consumer-centric and profitable business by advising and consulting on data driver insights.
The business analyst will work alongside our team members in the execution of strategic initiatives that boost our organization's efficiency, effectiveness and overall performance. These strategic initiatives will be of an Omnichannel nature, meaning they will touch all channels, (full price, outlet, e-commerce, concessions). Therefore, understanding the total business, and consequently understanding the cross-channel impact, is vital. The controlling team is using a wide range of tools to support these analysis and strategic activities.
The PVH Omni Controlling objectives are:
To support the management team in providing clear, efficient and timely informationSupport the management team on strategic decisionsRepresent the Finance function in strategic projects that concern the sales channels under Omni controllingStrategically guide on channel to market profitabilityCreate insightful analysis on cross channel services Create alignment in analysis tools to serve fast accurate insights Align countries controlling teams on best in class controlling and analysis
The successful candidate will be working for an international and fast growing organization where he/she will be supporting the team in the following activities:
- Supporting with the execution of strategic projects, by:
- Gathering and analyzing data
- Formulating and testing hypotheses
- Developing and communication of recommendations
- Implementing strategies and business processes
- Support with the development of key strategic and business presentations for top management
- Store KPI performance tracking and analysis
- Project KPI development, tracking, and analysis. With a wide variety of operational store projects taking place (for example RFID, GK POS, store development), this needs tracking on ROIs and other (to be developed) KPI’s.
- Supporting the management team by executing (strategic) ad-hoc analyses & translating these analyses into clear presentations
- University degree in Business Administration / Finance / Controlling;
- Between one and three years of experience in Finance, Business development or a related area;
- Previous experience within fashion/retail is a plus;
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure;
- Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks while looking for ways to improve current processes;
- Ambitious, motivated to go the extra mile and able to perform in a demanding work environment;
- Strong team player with excellent social and communication skills;
- Flexible; comfortable working in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment;
- A highly motivated/driven/proactive approach to business needs, quick thinking;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills;
- Strong MS PowerPoint and Excel skills.
What can you expect from us?
- All the bells and whistles: reimbursed commuting expenses, 25 days annual leave, discount on your mandatory Dutch Health Insurance, and pension plan;
- Work at our beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam;
- We foster a culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University;
- Our smart work program empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule;
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities;
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution-oriented and value a collaborative culture.