The Buying Operations team is responsible for managing the global purchase orders and Inbound for timely delivery. This team works in close collaboration internally with the Buying and Planning teams, Sourcing, Central Operations, and externally with the Forwarders, Vendors and buying offices.
The candidate will be under the supervision of a senior and will be responsible for Tommy Hilfiger Buying Operations which is divided into but not limited to order placement and orderbook maintenance including inbounding by updating the vendor potential delays/price/ship mode/AC dates changes in SAP.
- Data management across the systems regarding the orders (placement, maintenance, inbounding).
- Place orders based on the Buy chart provided by Buying & Planning, confirm ex-factory dates and liaise with vendors regarding changes.
- Create and maintain orderbook master files including calculations on OTA level (RDD, CTP), and all additional relevant information regarding production (e.g. reasons for delay and current situation), and update systems (e.g. GT Nexus, SAP).
- Maintain close relationships with vendors and assist with operational tasks where needed, monitoring performed tasks to ensure they are performed correctly (e.g. creating UPC tickets, labels, stickers etc).
- Create and monitor WIP-chart up till ex-factory date, inform stakeholders when changes in ex-factory date occur, monitor delays/vendor issues/ price mismatches and make these changes visible in SAP.
- Responsible for management of over- and under shipment, assessing whether deviances can be accepted and negotiating with vendors regarding replenishments (up till ordered amount) and discounts.
- Monitor system versus actuals regarding shipment status, ensuring shipments from Consolidator are realised and acting on possible discrepancies.
- Education: HBO / University degree or equivalent in Business, supply chain, Logistics or equivalent.
- Minimum 2+ year of relevant working experience in a fast moving company
- End to end supply chain knowledge and general understanding of business and IT related processes.
- Experience in Fashion industry is an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), SAP AFS / FMS
- Analytical and result orientated mind-set
- High level of accuracy and problem solving skills
- Structured and pro-active working approach
- Used to working under pressure with deadlines (time management)
- Supportive, ambitious and hands-on mentality
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)