About the Company
PVH Corp. is one of the largest apparel companies in the world. With a history going back over 135 years, PVH excels at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages.
PVH Corp. is a $9.7 billion global company with over 38,000 associates operating across 40 countries. PVH owns and markets the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, TOMMY HILFIGER, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s, Olga and Geoffrey Beene brands, as well as the digital-centric True & Co. intimates brand, and markets a variety of goods under these, and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Whether it be design, retail, digital or consumer experiences, we are blazing a trail that others follow. Now, we are excited to turn HR on its head. Our HR Next transformation program is kicking off, we’re challenging traditional HR practices and creating a groundbreaking strategy, organization and ways of working that keep our people at the heart of everything we do.
HR Next, our program to create a world-class HR team and offering with the consumer at the center, is vital to support PVHs ambitious growth plans. This role is critical in our revolution of HR at PVH.
We are actively looking for an experienced Strategic HR Business Partner to join our team. Reporting into the HR Director for EMEA HQ the successful candidate will act as a strategic partner for our most senior leaders, focused on the overall effectiveness of their teams to enable business success. This happens through driving, shaping and leading the People Plan for the department, which is aligned with the business strategy. You represent one voice to the business for HR, linking HR experts to the people needs of the department.
You will work in close collaboration with other HRBP’s on different strategic HR and business initiatives, also working with 60 passionate HR colleagues, based in Amsterdam.
In this role, you will focus on:
- People Strategy formation: you will work with the senior business leader, their leadership team and HR CoE partners to create the People Strategy for that department.
- Tangible Impact: share in the responsibility for sustaining and improving business results by ensuring that HR strategies and plans are translated into concrete actions and tangible results. Define, prioritize and measure HR's contribution to business performance as well as monitor and maximize associate effectiveness.
- Organizational design and development: you will support the business area in ensuring the structure; resources and talent are fit for future requirements. You will focus on diagnosing the root cause of organizational capability gaps and develop appropriate interventions, working in partnership with centers of excellence to design and implement HR Solutions.
- Change Management; our business doesn’t stand still so you will need to be familiar and experienced with change, transition and project management approaches at a high level.
- You will collaborate with the senior leader for the business area and their leadership team on key strategic HR processes, such as Team effectiveness, Performance & Development, Talent Management, and Succession Planning, Employee Engagement and wellbeing.
- Capability development and workforce planning: you will identify the future capabilities required to deliver the PVH strategy and partner with Talent acquisition, PVH University, and business leaders to form and execute a strategy to acquire and build these capabilities. You will facilitate talent reviews; plan for succession and identify the values, behaviors, and skills for future leaders to develop against.
- HR Projects, you will work with HR Centers of Excellence on business improvement projects that are defined based on identified business needs.
- Data and Insights: you will influence the business through data and storytelling whilst also keeping abreast of best practice HR thinking
- Continuous Improvement; you will actively participate in our HR Transformation, bringing your experience and knowledge of best practice to support the design of our future operating model.
What do we need from you? You have:
- A completed University Degree, post-secondary education / post-graduate diploma in HR / Psychology / Social Science / Labor law / equivalent.
- Strong business acumen, commercially focused and curious about developments outside of HR
- Relevant HR Generalist experience in a business partnering role, proven track record as change facilitator and strategic business partner.
- Change agent; proven experience of initiating, implementing and leading successful change, in partnership with all stakeholders. Strong communication skills: ability to communicate effectively on all levels, influence, stakeholder management and drive interdepartmental collaboration.
- A strong analytical mindset and natural desire for improving solutions across people, processes, systems, and technology; result oriented & forward-thinking.
- Project management skills: balancing the strategic with being practical and hands-on.
- Comprehensive understanding of current HR ‘best practice’ and benchmarks.
- Business fluency in English (written and verbal).
- Available to work 40 hours.
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunity to be involved in an industry-leading HR transformation
- Work at our beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located at the famous IJ-waters in the heart of Amsterdam.
- We foster a culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University.
- All the bells and whistles: reimbursed commuting expenses, 25 days annual leave, discount on your mandatory Dutch Health Insurance, and much more.
- You can get involved with TommyCares programs throughout the year.