About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores.
The MSW division consists of the following teams:
- Design – designing and follow trends for seasonal collections.
- Merchandising and Sales – Responsible for the implementation of a successful product merchandising strategy that meets consumer needs and volume goals. Key contact to support all country sales teams with presenting the collection, support key account meetings and ensure effective and consistent communication between division, country sales and retail.
- Planning – Drivers of the monthly demand forecasting for the replenishment business and managing the fashion projections for wholesale.
- Planning and Control – Act as the interface between the division, central ops and finance.
- The Assistant Designer support the management team with colour and concept and preparations for presentations for key meetings such as line reviews, global alignment meetings and market launch events;
- Research trends that work into the TH Kids brand strategy, translating these into the collection on the direction of the design manager;
- Develop an understanding of the design process and design skills to a commercial level;
- Do fabric and trim research, within our company, at vendors and in the market;
- Execute designs in style sheets to be completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally;
- Working to the divisional calendar and being organized to meet deadlines set by the division;
- Following up on all changes that relate to the product area/ styles on a daily basis;
- Support the design team with sketches in illustrator and PLM
- Please apply with an updated portfolio
- Fashion degree from a School of Design
- 2-4 years of experience
- Creative with a good taste level
- Good understanding of TH DNA and brand awareness
- Loves designing with ability to design to the brand’s DNA
- Excellent computer skills; Illustrator and Photoshop
- Basic understanding of garment construction and knowledge of fabrics
- Ability to work in a busy, changeable environment
- Ability to communicate information and ideas effectively, both in written and verbal
- Team Player with a hands-on mentality
- Fluency in English is a must