About the Company
PVH is one of the largest apparel companies in the world. With a history going back over 130 years, PVH excels at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages.
PVH is over 30,000 associates operating across 40 countries and speaking 20 languages with over $8 billion in 2014 revenues. PVH owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and, in addition, markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. The brand delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region.
Calvin Klein is one of the best known designer names in the world, offering a modern, provocative design aesthetic. The Calvin Klein brands – Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein (platinum label), Calvin Klein (white label), Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Underwear – provide the company with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally at various price points, distribution channels and catering to a diverse group of consumers. Calvin Klein also designs and markets a range of other product lines including fragrance, eyewear, watches, jewelry, and home furnishings. The Calvin Klein brands achieved approximately $8.1 billion in global retail sales in 2014.
The Logistics Specialist will join department that is being growing to become the Non-Trade Supply Chain division (young enthusiastic team) and reports directly to the Senior Manager. The Supply Chain team takes care of POS materials (e.g. visual merchandise, store furnishings and packaging materials) for Calvin Klein Europe, Tommy Hilfiger Europe and IZOD covering mainly the AMEA region.
Are you looking for a diverse and challenging role in Logistics in a company where your initiatives will be noticed and appreciated? Do you want to develop yourself in a dynamic and result oriented environment?
This particular role is responsible for running smoothly operations of the Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein Visual Merchandise & Window’s displays for a global distribution. Retail Visual Merchandising& Windows are responsible for the look and feel of our brands stores in all Own & Operated, Franchise and Outlet store locations. This teams work on all aspects of the seasonal windows, in-store visual merchandising, communication & training tools. Each campaign has a different concept & design.
In addition, this position organizes the global distribution of Goods with Purchase (GWP) which are managed by the Marketing department. These items are distributed to the markets twice a year and each season they consist of different products.
The Logistics Specialist closely collaborates with Visual Merchandise & Windows (including regional offices), Marketing and 3PL (indirectly transport providers).
The purpose is to safeguard and optimize the day-to-day logistics processes and ensure its compliance. It is a great opportunity to challenge the AS-IS process and contribute to identification of continuous improvement. It’s up to you to define a flow that keeps our logistics in pace with our growth and complex nature of our business.
- Autonomously plan and monitor goods flow in line with business requirements. Manual creation of: article master data (item code, description, composition, measure of units, HS codes, price), outbound list (collecting info from the Retail’s portal, generating manually order number), commercial invoice, delivery instructions, distribution planning, PO creation in the Retail portal for transport & handling costs and recharge to the business. (50%)
- First point of contact for delivery related queries (10%):
- Coordinate back-and-forth communication with internal and external stakeholders to identify delivery requirements and follow-up deliveries, develop logistics solutions that meet service needs while minimizing cost impact. Ensure timely and quality delivery of goods.
- Solve diverse requests and tackle daily operational challenges; mitigate swiftly and efficiently bottlenecks including fixing route causes to prevent reoccurrence.
- Manage relationships with 3PL (5%):
- Daily operations and business review (retrospective after each campaign and planning of upcoming projects).
- Monitor 3PL inventory level & quality, recommend write offs.
- Closely trace issues (delays/ damages/ theft/ stock discrepancies) with 3PL and/or suppliers and keep business updated.
- Provide analytical support and reporting for different aspects of the logistics and trade compliance performance (transport recharge accuracy and evolution). (5%)
- Prepare business cases and recommendation required for standardization, compliance, efficiency improvement or cost savings (e.g. warehouse operations, transport, (re)charges, end to end processes optimization, RACI). (10%)
- Put in place SOP (including claim process, stock count, waste management). (5%)
- Apply regulatory and industry best practice to ensure compliance with all applicable trades and regulations, promote awareness within the business. (5%)
- Support Warehouse & Distribution tender and transition to a new provider. (5%)
- Support integration process of Windows into ERP system. (5%)
- Highly motivated and driven.
- Strong in stakeholder management.
- Able to work with people of all cultures and backgrounds.
- Open-minded team player yet able to work independently.
- Passion for process improvement, driving change and innovative problem solving.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change (depending on business direction or priority).
- Have a good sense of urgency (ability to priorities tasks) and work towards customer satisfaction with a strong sense of ownership.
- Education: Bachelor / Master Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or equivalent.
- 3+ years of work experience in Logistics Management, Warehousing and Distribution on a large scale in a dynamic multinational environment (preferably Apparel/Fashion).
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English language (written & spoken).
- Strong organizational skills (ability to handle multiple overlapping projects).
- Good numerical and analytical skills with attention to accuracy.
- Familiar with customs requirements and latest regulations.