About the Company
Since first launching 1985, TOMMY HILFIGER has become globally renowned as the pioneer of classic American cool style, fusing iconic pop culture and Americana heritage with a global spirit. Driven by Hilfiger’s determined optimism, and under his guidance, vision and leadership as Principal Designer, TOMMY HILFIGER has grown into one of the world’s most recognized lifestyle brands that shares its inclusive, irreverent and youthful spirit with consumers worldwide. Tommy Hilfiger was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010.
The Department and Team
Global Communications owns all external & internal communications avenues that reach the end consumer and key stakeholders for the business.
The Junior Copywriter is the brand guardian for written communications, including press materials, executive and corporate communications, and internal communications. The main responsibility is to develop press materials, executive and corporate communications, and internal communications based on copy briefs. The position is responsible for writing, editing, proofreading and coordinating copy in different tones of voice that reflects the overall objectives of the Marketing & Communications department and the larger Tommy Hilfiger organization, ultimately driving the brand, consumer engagement and traffic.
The role has a global scope for Tommy Hilfiger and for PVH Europe and reports to the Global Copywriter, Manager.
- Copy Guardian: As a member of the copy team, a key responsibility is to ensure copywriting guidelines are adhered to across all copy assets, closely working with external freelancers and in-house agency.
- Copy projects within scope (*not intended to be all-inclusive):
- Press Materials: Press releases, media alerts, press kits
- Collection Materials: Collection Sheets and statements
- Executive Materials: Q&As, quotes, talking points
- Corporate Materials: Website, executive and company bios
- Internal Communications: Memos, announcements, emailers
- Proofreading: Review documents provided by the Global Copywriter and Communications Directors.
- Messaging: Develop clear, concise messaging skills to reflect the brand tone of voice and department strategies.
- Approvals: Liaise with relevant stakeholders to coordinate approvals processes.
- Ad-Hoc support: Maintain flexibility to support members of the Marketing & Communications team with ad hoc copy requests.
- Minimum one year of function-relevant work experienceUniversity degree in journalism or communications
- Native English speaker, with an in-depth understanding of the differences between American and British English
- Exceptional writing and copy editing skills with faultless spelling, grammar and punctuation
- A creative flair, fused with a love of wordsmithing and a sharp eye for detail.
- Desire to produce nothing less than copy assets of the highest standard.
- High level of organization and ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Resourceful and effective; can pick up on things quickly.
- Able to quickly adapt to various writing styles and tone of voices.
- Confident in ability to interview and ask relevant questions.
- Flexible work ethic; no “nine to five” mentality.
- Driven, pro-active and hands-on.
- Friendly team player with strong willingness to help others.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Plenty of opportunities to make the role your own.
- Trainings and courses for self-development.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- A newly built campus with gyms, cafes, amazing lunches, and plenty of company events.
- Employee discounts.